1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc121

rc121 Senior Member

David, what I think you are misunderstanding is that you requested a list of those items that would be on sale and the OP requested a list of all inventory (seconds and closeouts). I am sure that monica or krystal at jville will provide me with an entire inventory list if I request that and not just what is a sale/closeout item.

2. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior Member

It's curious to me that I was the one who broke the news of the 2 for $250 yet somehow David has taken posting as if he is the one to bring the news...maybe I'mjust being sensitive

3. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

I live in Raleigh, NC. The Streets at Southpoint is my closest store. Don't worry about it for me though. I don't intend to make any purchases from them anytime soon.

4. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior Member

I have the neumora in brown and black...love 'em

5. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior Member

Kristle's website was down yesterday, she also had a list of 80+ emails to sift thru. May have better success placing a phone call to move up your priority.

6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Distinguished Member

I wear a 10D in both 5 and 1 last but for the Barrie last like most I size down a half size to a 9.5D. Some people curse the AE 5 last, I feel it is the best last I have ever worn. The Alden Barrie last also has a few that curse it and I would be one. The heel is way too wide for me and I get heel slip, they fit much like Red Wing Beckman's on me which isn't so great. So for the Alden #8 cap toe boot I waited till I found a boot on the Grant last which is just about perfect for my foot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Cold Iron

Those look fantastic!! Congrats and I hope you enjoy them for many years to come [​IMG]

8. Cold Iron

I'm right there with you for the same MTO, but I have waited as long or longer for Shell from AE before back when they first shifted over from carrying shell shoes in stock to only MTO. I'm not worried about it and haven't checked on the status since ordering. If you get yours before me and I don't hear anything then I will start checking!

9. epc2

epc2 Senior Member

[​IMG]Guys , does this little bowing looks normal to you? These are firsts from Nordstrom it looks like that when I'm standing only .

I can't go with a Narrower size since it'll kill my pinky toe.

Thanks.[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

10. Cold Iron

Nice additions to your collection polojock they turned out great!! There are worse things to be addicted to and I'm right there with you. Nah... your way ahead of me with some wonderful and unique exotics. Well done.

11. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior Member

That looks fine to me. Can you pull the outside top lace a bit tighter to aid in closing the space?

12. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior Member

The Kenilworth was the most difficult of all AE shoes for me to fit. I tried 6 different sizes (all via the internet) before I settled on one that fits...and it still isn't a great fit. I wear an 8.5D on the 8 last (except for the Clifton, which I should have gotten in 8D). In the Strand I wear an 8E (best fitting shoe I own). For the Kenilworth, I finally settled on 7.5E.

In your case, I'd try an 11E Kenilworth to start.

13. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior Member

Check your PM

14. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior Member

Thanks for breaking the news, but yeah, a bit sensitive I'd say. We're all in this together! [​IMG]

15. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

Wow! That 8.5D list makes my 10D list from last night look tiny! It only had 46 items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.