• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc121

Reaction score

I have a factory seconds/discontinued shoes list I requested about a week ago...am I to understand that these are all 2 for 250???

no, only the ones labeled as closeouts on one of the right columns

David Copeland

Reaction score
P
Pretty dismayed to see that for the most part Amazon has stopped carrying different widths. Some great sales over there, but not on anything I can wear.

frown.gif
Go to www.6pm.com for some great sales and sizes.

tietherope

Reaction score
I have a factory seconds/discontinued shoes list I requested about a week ago...am I to understand that these are all 2 for 250???
Only the close outs. And not the 1st quality close outs listed.

Last edited:

David Copeland

Reaction score

Yes.

If you requested the list in your size - then the list is what is on sale for the few days offered.

Call in your order, leave a voice mail if busy for a return call - and follow up with an email.

Good luck,

David

rc121

Reaction score

Yes.

If you requested the list in your size - then the list is what is on sale for the few days offered. 

Call in your order, leave a voice mail if busy for a return call - and follow up with an email. 

Good luck,

David

David, this is not correct. Only the closeouts are in for the sale and the inventory lists include more than just the closeouts.

enjay

Reaction score
David, this is not correct. Only the closeouts are in for the sale and the inventory lists include more than just the closeouts.

Yes.

Good luck,

David

Only the close outs. And not the 1st quality close outs listed.

as far as I know, only the close out models are 2/$250

no, only the ones labeled as closeouts on one of the right columns

Well that brought me back down to earth. Mostly just loafers in my size, not what I need. Some nice suede wingtips but I can't justify any more suede shoes at this moment. Damn. Was gonna lose my **** if I could get Kenilworths for 125.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Ordered the Daltons through Nordstrom, called to price match the boot to the Amazon sale. I was told that they can't do it because they are different colors, burnished walnut vs walnut. Fairly disappointed by that.

I was luckily able to get a pair of Long Branch at $125 though, which is a steal.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who deal with the Nordstrom Manager mentioned - by email and phone - there is rarely a problem with quality, because he has a Nordstrom Style drop-shipped from AE directly to you in most cases. Buying off the internet at Nordstrom's is more risky than buying from the manager.

If you need help, let me know.

David

I simply can't agree with this. All of the shoes that end up at Nordstrom have made it past AE's QA/QC department. They are all considered firsts.

When the store manager orders a shoe to be sent from a remote location (Nordstrom warehouse or directly from AE), he isn't looking at them personally. You can't say that the shoe that somehow gets shipped to someone when the manager hits the "order" button will be better than the one that gets shipped when the customer or some other sales associate hits the "order" button.

If the shoe is being pulled from the back room of a specific store, where the local manager may be able to compare more than one pair and offer you the most pristine one, then dealing with a manager may be of some benefit. Even then, you are dealing with a subjective opinion of which pair looks better.

If the entire transaction is done electronically, and the shoes are sent from a remote location, there is absolutely no way to say that people will get a pair of shoes that doesn't have a subjective flaw.

David Copeland

Reaction score
I could be wrong about what list on what day was emailed for the 2 for $250 deal. But I think it is worth a phone call or an email to place the order on the list in hand.

Here is why. The following was emailed to me this week for all the items on sale (2 for $250) in my size:

SIZE 11:

SIZE 11.5

Although some of the above are already at $99, the others are on sale for $125 ea (or 2 for $250)

I suggest for folks to order what they want from whatever recent list - and get a confirmation on the $125. There is nothing to lose when asking.

Good luck,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads