• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know how lucky I am. Truly. Lucky to have missed a lot of the bad things in life.
If it wasn’t for the bad stuff in my life, I would have never met my wife. I probably would have never changed and ended up in prison or worse.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shell playing in the sun.
0F66CAF5-2D9A-4AAD-87CC-18EF5338C98A.jpeg
567D64F9-C4D3-44EF-8CC8-FF35355A6FD0.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that the Trunk Show is over and all you filthy barnweasels are in wait mode, I wanted to wish you all the best experience possible with your make ups. I hope they all bring you as much joy as my past Trunk Show purchase has. Easily my most complimented pair of AEs.

I have friends who question the decision to drop $700+ on a pair of shell boots. But, they're fine dropping a couple hundred on a pair of limited edition high tops. Of course, the first time their high tops get scuffed, they cry for hours. But, when the shell HMs get a scuff, I just laugh and brush for a bit until the scuff disappears. Who's the idiot, now? Well, I mean, I know I am in general. Just not for making a shell boot purchase.

IMG_6246.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that the Trunk Show is over and all you filthy barnweasels are in wait mode, I wanted to wish you all the best experience possible with your make ups. I hope they all bring you as much joy as my past Trunk Show purchase has. Easily my most complimented pair of AEs.

I have friends who question the decision to drop $700+ on a pair of shell boots. But, they're fine dropping a couple hundred on a pair of limited edition high tops. Of course, the first time their high tops get scuffed, they cry for hours. But, when the shell HMs get a scuff, I just laugh and brush for a bit until the scuff disappears. Who's the idiot, now? Well, I mean, I know I am in general. Just not for making a shell boot purchase.

View attachment 1839638
Love the laces! Whose are they and do they match the antique/buff welt?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the laces! Whose are they and do they match the antique/buff welt?

The laces are hand-made from the souls of my defeated enemies. I think. Or, they're Guarded Goods Whiskey round boot laces. Can't remember if I ordered 54" or 60". It was a few years ago and I barely remember things that happened a few hours ago.

The welt on these boots, I believe, was Natural and has darkened a touch over the past 3 years and these laces are a pretty good match. Someone more knowledgeable than myself will know how that compares to the Antique/Buff version, but I would imagine time-ravaged Natural welts are probably pretty similar to the new-fangled Antique/Buff.

Or, if you have enemies, I'm more than happy to defeat them for you and make laces from their souls. However, my shipping is a little slower than Guarded Goods. So, if timeliness matters, I'd probably go with them.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to step away while the TS closed. I found myself wanting between 0 and 4 pairs. Despite very much wanting a carlyle, I practiced some restraint and got 0. Is there a good chance this means a major overcorrection for the next event? Probably. Lately I haven't had much opportunity to wear my AEs as almost all of them I wouldn't pair with jeans (except a suede hamiliton). This leaves some of my alden pairs which are almost all suede that remain. COVID really changed work place and what would have been normal for me to wear before is now overdressed a lot of the time. I have to active force myself to pull out my shell pairs. I know some of you guys wear strands with jeans but for me its a no go. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the TS photos, especially those carlyles!

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Tuesday,

I've been enjoying the cooler weather here in the Rockies. I've also been enjoying all the trunk show banter, and am looking forward to some great pictures. Lot of good choices this year.

Chili Freeports today from last year.

Freeport_Chili_3_25.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my first pair of boots with deerskin and have to say I'm a fan. Much softer and more compliant than Kudu @AE_Lauren any chance AE may bring out some Deerskin boots? Or other leathers?

Rithrin

Reaction score
Love the closet layout! Would be interested in seeing how other people store their shoes/boots.
Not nearly as a fancy as the previously referenced closet, but here's my wall of AE products (Excuse the poor lighting and potato camera):
1664904282083.png

And with that, we've got a final tally on the AEAT 2022 TS sales: 69 pairs! That's $49,034.00 just from us here.

EDIT: And of course a congratulations to @Hisheirness23 for the title of Biggest Weasel 2022 with 7 pairs!

On Monday I was very tempted to phone in a last minute Black Fifth order, but I figure it'll come back in a few years.

The most popular color was Marbled Chili at 17 pairs, followed by a tie of Natural and Green with 14 pairs each, and Navy coming in third with 12 pairs. The rest of the colors were a distant last even if added together.

The most popular model was, perhaps unsurprisingly, the Strand at 16 pairs ordered. Fifth Street followed with 14 pairs, and after that the Freeport at 9 pairs. 34 of those pairs have Double JR soles, and 15 with single JRs!

Maybe the most surprising thing for me is that the Freeport came in 3rd place with how controversial the boot has been, but perhaps it was so controversial because there's a lot of interest in it.

What were the most interesting finds of this TS for you all?

Also, here's some Macs to help you through your day.

1664905386131.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads