• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain to start off the week so some "weatherproof" HM's
IMG_6619.jpg
IMG_6618.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HMs in chili weatherproof calf with Dainite. I love the fit of HMs, but I'm not sure I'd nab another pair of these with the weatherproof membrane. Feels like I'm sacrificing space inside for it, even when I drop down to thin dress socks. Or, maybe that's just me doing some mental gymnastics.

Nah, it's gotta be real. I'm too lazy to do any kind of gymnastics, even the mental kind.

IMG_6244.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FOUL mama Calares. Look what they did to Shelltember
1254A892-44E6-49B8-A5BA-9C51AD6E9AF5.jpeg

I am sure now they read the forums.
CE5739A0-123F-488D-B327-236E770C003D.jpeg

Going with some blue suede.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure that every single one of you are aware of this, but just in case someone is not, or is an Allen Edmonds fan who just stumbled into here, this is the last chance for the Cordovan Trunk Show Event:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else facing a personal struggle today as they attempt to not place a(nother) TS order? For me it is navy Fifths that keep calling my name.

Decided to distract myself by pulling out my unworn 2021 TS order. Yup, that was all it took to cool off my obsession. For those that don't recall, these Freeports were initially lasted incorrectly (plus had enough cosmetic issues on arrival to deem them seconds). AE attempted to repair but that was unsuccessful (and never should have been sent to back to me). So, I re-paid the first quality price to have a new pair made. Below is what arrived - in a box so ripped up, the cardboard couldn't physically hold the boots inside.

While I can live with the color variation between the shoes (left = more brown, right = more orange), the stitching on the toes still eats me up, especially considering this was a third attempt and first pricing. In the end, it would have cost me at least a hundy less to have a cobbler relast the initial pair of seconds than be stuck with this pair.

Here's hoping shell rolls help hide the poor stitch job... and that we all get more attention to detail for our 2002 TS orders.
2EB8951A-407E-4DC8-A65D-33BDC0E78645.jpeg
342A2A98-E0D6-45D9-8DB5-BF88EA722391.jpeg
D36027EF-6171-4703-A2D2-0A4D7EDCE881.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HMs in chili weatherproof calf with Dainite. I love the fit of HMs, but I'm not sure I'd nab another pair of these with the weatherproof membrane. Feels like I'm sacrificing space inside for it, even when I drop down to thin dress socks. Or, maybe that's just me doing some mental gymnastics.

Nah, it's gotta be real. I'm too lazy to do any kind of gymnastics, even the mental kind.

View attachment 1839311

I'm likely reviewing this boot for my next short video. I feel it's underrated in a lot of ways. The main thing I don't like as much is that I prefer the older lining on the OG Higgins. But other than that, it's a very solid boot. It was my last purchase from Charleston. 😪

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm likely reviewing this boot for my next short video. I feel it's underrated in a lot of ways. The main thing I don't like as much is that I prefer the older lining on the OG Higgins. But other than that, it's a very solid boot. It was my last purchase from Charleston. 😪

I would 100% agree that it's an underrated boot. The chili color is very versatile. It sits right smack dab in the middle between burgundy and brown and works with any color pants that would match those two standard colors. The functionality of the weatherproofing is awesome, and I'd be much more on board if the membrane inside the leather lining wasn't quite as restricting. The original leather lining, to me, is the best as well and is just one of the reasons why my OG brown CXL HMs, wrinkly and as loose-grained as the leather might be on them, are my favorite pair of AE footwear.

These, along with the dark brown suede Freeports, were the last pairs of shoes I got from @Ashley_S and co. in the Charleston store as they liquidated stock. The Freeports are a home run, and these HMs are a stand-up triple. Without the weatherproof membrane, they'd be challenging the OG HMs for top honors. The chili color works that well for a boot. Big fan of everything about this boot, except the membrane. On the plus side, I'm now going to scrutinize every weatherproof HM makeup I see. If it's weatherproof because of the outer materials, I'm guessing I'll be OK. But, anything with the membrane is probably a no-go for me. The only thing is, you REALLY have to trust that AE got the information right on the site.

Full disclosure: I also kind of miss the suede tongue they had on the OG HMs. I know it makes zero sense and serves no purpose whatsoever. It was just one of those details that made me happy. I wish they hadn't gone away from it on so many of the other models.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just visited 25 State Street for some new heels (and points!) on my Poshmark MacNeils (1990 Brooks Bros.) and the 1998 Sanfords. Nichole and H.W. are waiting for your last chance Trunk Show orders…
78E7CB86-43A0-4C3E-A0FB-50E7AB461E10.jpeg
2D6226C7-EFB5-410F-AF6A-C6A833D719FA.jpeg
F2A70BF6-472D-4AC2-9A7D-B557D0327938.jpeg

JRC

Reaction score
Since I live in Houston, I really don't have a need for Dainite soles plus I really don't care for them, way too hard for my feet. I decide to change to a wedge for HM black calf & Patton CLX in Natural.
black calf
image4.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image0.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads