• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haircut shoes.

08C0E7B6-35B8-41EB-B58E-D008C8EF4EC6.jpeg

Rithrin

Reaction score
Happy Friday to all!

Inaugural wear of Burnished Copper Strand Weaves, purchased a year ago and yet never worn.

1660943163552.png

It's been so hard to get them on my feet since during the times when the weave is appropriate I usually want to bring out the spectators and walnut Macs instead. Glad I got them out, though!

As we start concluding August maybe Lauren will be able to give us hints about the upcoming trunk show and quarterly drop!

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
As we start concluding August maybe Lauren will be able to give us hints about the upcoming trunk show and quarterly drop!

Shell Mac Neils.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
Would love to hear any hints or even see any previews of the possible make-ups like Ashley used to share. @AE_Lauren 🤞 :bounce2:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watching a little TV this morning. There was a segment where the gentleman in nice suits, got up and a full shot was taken. It is quite obvious that footwear is not even a thought. Exhibit 1:
75E58572-5785-4A1A-8134-000E5E0D567D.jpeg

I could not get a good picture of the second guy, but let’s just say that it was a super cheap fabric “dress” sneaker. Hold on a second, I just got a little nauseated typing the last sentence.
I also am flabbergasted when Mr. Wonderful does YouTube with a suit jacket, shirt, and tie, but keep cutting to him wearing a towel and flip flops below the supposed camera shot.
A page back, we are talking about less leather soles on new offerings and new styles being at best a hybrid sneaker or just a plain old sneaker type of deal.
What I find more interesting is that almost all AE leather soled shoes that I see purchased at my local AE retail store are to younger men, (20 to 30) the older guys are bringing in their old leather shoes for a recraft and then buying a Courtside or some driver.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Watching a little TV this morning. There was a segment where the gentleman in nice suits, got up and a full shot was taken. It is quite obvious that footwear is not even a thought. Exhibit 1:
View attachment 1824014
I could not get a good picture of the second guy, but let’s just say that it was a super cheap fabric “dress” sneaker. Hold on a second, I just got a little nauseated typing the last sentence.
I also am flabbergasted when Mr. Wonderful does YouTube with a suit jacket, shirt, and tie, but keep cutting to him wearing a towel and flip flops below the supposed camera shot.
A page back, we are talking about less leather soles on new offerings and new styles being at best a hybrid sneaker or just a plain old sneaker type of deal.
What I find more interesting is that almost all AE leather soled shoes that I see purchased at my local AE retail store are to younger men, (20 to 30) the older guys are bringing in their old leather shoes for a recraft and then buying a Courtside or some driver.

I just don't get this. The dude is on TV! Can he not afford comfortable shoes that are appropriate for the outfit he's wearing? Even if he was trying to be "fashion forward" and rock white leather sneakers, these are not they.

He's not wearing a tie... they don't have to be stuffy lace ups like an oxford. He could be wearing suede loafers that fit like slippers. They could even have a crepe sole!

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They are fishing "the look". It looks adolescent on a grown man. Like they took a suit out of the closet and couldn't find a pair of dress shoes then raided their son's room for any footwear. Oh, these dopey looking sneakers will make me look cool.
NO! YOU LOOK STUPID IN THOSE THINGS!!!!!
At least the Woman on TV are still wearing appropriate looking high-grade dress shoes. Shows integrity and respect on their part.
However, if this stupid looking trend continues it won't be long before we start seeing our favorite anchorwomen showing up on air wearing tennis sneakers!

Last edited:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It isn't a mistake, gentlemen, it is the design.

These guys think that it is cool to wear sneakers with suits. They have thought this since Letterman did it in the 80s. It's something which some people think is an interesting pairing--God knows why, but they do. Plus, look at the colour of that suit: it looks like some cheap polyester crap to go along with his local sports broadcaster vibes.

Also, I will give him credit for at least wearing proper sneakers instead of the middle-school girl white sneakers that cost 700 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads