• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
View attachment 1814080 View attachment 1814081
View attachment 1814085
Sorry to say, but all my MacNeils are bargain basement. Maybe I am the reason it had to be discontinued.

I wish I could blame you. But I suspect gentlemen weren’t buying them as part of their office attire, even pre-COVID. And apparently the long wing pattern resulted in inefficient usage of materials.

I don’t care what anyone says I think it is a marvellous shoe and I’ve had a lot of fun hunting down old pairs on eBay. And when you find an unworn pair with box and shoe bags, it is sheer ecstasy.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Looking at the Strandmok reminded me that Turmeric suede exists. It's so good, but is there any consideration for adding it to other models? Something like a Boulevard-mok would be a big hit, I bet. That or can Turmeric become an available option for one of the future suede trunk shows? Like 2023? Pretty please? :)

The burgundy Strandmok looks great, by the way.

Last edited:

DawgPound

Reaction score
I wander in here today to find people talking bad about the new marbled shell and reverse shell. It makes me sad to read these thoughts. While I do love my pair of olive-ish Strands, BFT does have an equally awesome pair. I hope he'll post another picture to show off the blue variation (mine doesn't have blue).

Also, I'm starting to get my sense of smell back. I lost about half my smell from covid. I never realized how important smell is until it was reduced. My family who also got it said that it took 3 weeks for their smell to return to normal. Any of you guys lose your smell or have it reduced like I did?

View attachment 1814052
Yes, I got “The Rona” the first summer. Lost taste/smell for several weeks. Really sucked since one of my hobbies is cooking. It eventually came back, but things tasted weird while it was coming back. The other issue that took some time coming back was my memory/recall and ability to focus. That was a rough few weeks. Glad you’re feeling better.

I’m with you on the marbled shell. I missed the first couple rounds. I did get the marbled black this last time around. So if/when it is offered again, like a marbled chili, it becomes an insta-buy for me. 😁

Rithrin

Reaction score
I don't see it this way. My marbled shell make-ups are drastically different from their non-marbled counterparts. I would say that my Dark Cognac (Brown) Shell Strands are closer to my Burgundy Shell Strands than they are to my Marbled Dark Cognac Shell Strands in terms of shade.

Going forward, I will ALWAYS get the Marbled Shell make-up as I was most on the fence with the Marbled Black Shell offering and my Strands (while not works of art like @ProfilaBinding pair) are still eye-catching and one of my more complimented shoes in my collection/rotation. I'm actually wearing them today!
View attachment 1814033
I wander in here today to find people talking bad about the new marbled shell and reverse shell. It makes me sad to read these thoughts. While I do love my pair of olive-ish Strands, BFT does have an equally awesome pair. I hope he'll post another picture to show off the blue variation (mine doesn't have blue).

Also, I'm starting to get my sense of smell back. I lost about half my smell from covid. I never realized how important smell is until it was reduced. My family who also got it said that it took 3 weeks for their smell to return to normal. Any of you guys lose your smell or have it reduced like I did?

View attachment 1814052
Okay, before you fellas vote me off the island, here's a peace offering:

1658283792114.png

For the record, I'm almost definitely getting a marbled Chili shoe from the trunk show if that's truly the special shell we're getting. No comments were intended to be trash talking marbled shell!

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, before you fellas vote me off the island, here's a peace offering:

View attachment 1814100

For the record, I'm almost definitely getting a marbled Chili shoe from the trunk show if that's truly the special shell we're getting. No comments were intended to be trash talking marbled shell!
Your Park Aves are amazing!!! You get to stay on the AE Island...for now. Lol! Jk! But seriously, those Marbled Dark Cognac PA's are beautiful!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of my regrets not getting the marbled cognac, but the other part of me thinks that show didn't have any good models except the Hamilton (and I didn't want to Hammy in DMC).

Rithrin

Reaction score
Part of my regrets not getting the marbled cognac, but the other part of me thinks that show didn't have any good models except the Hamilton (and I didn't want to Hammy in DMC).
Yeah, that's how I felt when the marbled black came around. Only the Park and Strand available for laced shoes, and didn't want another boot at the time. In retrospect, probably should have snagged an HM in marbled black.

Here's to hoping this year's trunk show has 9 models like '20, not only 6 like last year!

dougc33

Reaction score

Anyone need a great deal on a nice pair of 10.5D McTavishes? Not sure what they are talking about with the insoles but...not my listing

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. Non AE for the day.

IMG_1948.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loafing around on this 53rd anniversary of the moon landing. Happy something Wednesday.

View attachment 1814196 View attachment 1814197 View attachment 1814198

On this anniversary I HIGHLY recommend the 2019 documentary Apollo 11 that was made from over 70 hours of unwatched footage provided by NASA. Armstrong had to extend the descent for a smoother area to land and had between 15 seconds and 45 second of fuel remaining by the time they touched down. It is amazing they made it there and back on such close calculations.

melcahoon

Reaction score

View attachment 1814052

In general, I agree with this. However, I got marbled black Freeports and most of them are black with very little marbling. I was _extremely_ disappointed with mine because of that and have not even worn them yet. Marbling is definitely a crap shoot - some are great, others not so much,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy