• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Lauren and I’m your new AE Insider! I’m seriously so excited to be here...it’s a bittersweet moment for me as much as it is for you to see Ashley go. She has been such an inspiration to me, and I’m grateful to continue the work she started. Thank you, Ashley <3.

I’ve been with Allen Edmonds for a little over 5 years now, starting out as an Assistant Manager and then evolving to Store Manager. Over the years I’ve become extremely passionate about AE, and I have a sizable collection of shoes to prove it, 20 pairs to be exact 😉.

Many of my clients have been with me since my store opened back in 2017. I love connecting with people and bonding over our love for AE. I’ve always been the girl rocking men’s dress shoes, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I believe you should wear what makes you feel good.

My goal is to continue strengthening the relationship between Allen Edmonds and our most loyal enthusiasts – YOU! I’m here to listen and communicate your thoughts on what you want to see from Allen Edmonds. And maybe post a meme here and there.

Lastly, I think it’s pretty cool I’m stepping into this role during our 100th year...there is so much to be excited about, and I’m looking forward to sharing information about the upcoming Trunk Show and other limited releases.

I can’t wait to get to know you all and have some fun along the way.

Thanks for having me,

Your newbie AE Insider, Lauren

Welcome Lauren, it is our privilege to have you.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Randolph loafer to celebrate another accomplishment.. The Mambo Jazz Kings (R&B stuff) start at 3 pm @ Haak Winery and I have a hot ass date. A bottle of wine and dancing. I can't dance, but I can wiggle my butt.
Randolph.jpg

Those socks are ugly...

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Lauren and I’m your new AE Insider! I’m seriously so excited to be here...it’s a bittersweet moment for me as much as it is for you to see Ashley go. She has been such an inspiration to me, and I’m grateful to continue the work she started. Thank you, Ashley <3.

I’ve been with Allen Edmonds for a little over 5 years now, starting out as an Assistant Manager and then evolving to Store Manager. Over the years I’ve become extremely passionate about AE, and I have a sizable collection of shoes to prove it, 20 pairs to be exact 😉.

Many of my clients have been with me since my store opened back in 2017. I love connecting with people and bonding over our love for AE. I’ve always been the girl rocking men’s dress shoes, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I believe you should wear what makes you feel good.

My goal is to continue strengthening the relationship between Allen Edmonds and our most loyal enthusiasts – YOU! I’m here to listen and communicate your thoughts on what you want to see from Allen Edmonds. And maybe post a meme here and there.

Lastly, I think it’s pretty cool I’m stepping into this role during our 100th year...there is so much to be excited about, and I’m looking forward to sharing information about the upcoming Trunk Show and other limited releases.

I can’t wait to get to know you all and have some fun along the way.

Thanks for having me,

Your newbie AE Insider, Lauren
Great to have you @AE_Lauren! Two rules to remember and you'll do great.

1. This group is better than the Facebook group. We always get preference over those nerds.

2. Ignore @Shiner. He's a jerk.

:cool:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Randolph loafer to celebrate another accomplishment.. The Mambo Jazz Kings (R&B stuff) start at 3 pm @ Haak Winery and I have a hot ass date. A bottle of wine and dancing. I can't dance, but I can wiggle my butt.
View attachment 1792162

Those socks are ugly...
butt.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So have any of you guys ever bought a purse for your better half? I was taken a back at how almost all the purses were $395. None of these factors seemed to matter, size, leather quality, cheaper than leather materials, construction. To top it off they don’t come with a wallet. Those are $225 no matter if it is made from paper or leather. This all stemmed from my wife showing me a bad coach knock off that her niece had. The only solace I took is that the Coach store had two purses made with calfskin at $695. Then I realized that AE does this to some extent with some shoes that are not GYW. The sales person in the store showed me a purse that she said was the only one in the store made the old way. So, I had to run to my AE retail to see if I got taken. My SA instantly told me that I got one of the better purses. I feel better now.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So have any of you guys ever bought a purse for your better half? I was taken a back at how almost all the purses were $395. None of these factors seemed to matter, size, leather quality, cheaper than leather materials, construction. To top it off they don’t come with a wallet. Those are $225 no matter if it is made from paper or leather. This all stemmed from my wife showing me a bad coach knock off that her niece had. The only solace I took is that the Coach store had two purses made with calfskin at $695. Then I realized that AE does this to some extent with some shoes that are not GYW. The sales person in the store showed me a purse that she said was the only one in the store made the old way. So, I had to run to my AE retail to see if I got taken. My SA instantly told me that I got one of the better purses. I feel better now.
$395? Haha I wish. We are in the $3k zone mostly now

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$395? Haha I wish. We are in the $3k zone mostly now
My wife would have been happy with a Coach Outlet purse, but I didn’t think $200 for horrible leather was worth it. At least this purse will last.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife would have been happy with a Coach Outlet purse, but I didn’t think $200 for horrible leather was worth it. At least this purse will last.
We did the coach outlet thing in 2007-2010. Now, it’s Lous Vuitton, Yves St Lauren, Chanel, Valentino

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And my girlfriend agonized over a $30 purse at Target for like two months. 😅

She was almost mad at the cost of the Thursday boots I bought her last fall, but I think she has seen how nice they are and how well they have held up.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We did the coach outlet thing in 2007-2010. Now, it’s Lous Vuitton, Yves St Lauren, Chanel, Valentino

Ladies' stuff is weird. The prices are high, the quality suspect, and a lot of it seems to be based on brand.

Nevertheless, Chanel is definitely a classic. My mother has an older Chanel clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads