• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducatiti

Reaction score
Missed out on Ladyboy Wingtip Wednesday, so it is shell Dusty-Day-Late-Dalton Thursday (with some older 10EEE Shell Randolphs and calf Jermyns, in the background, that need good homes). and daily wear SMP Ti ca. 2000. View attachment 1736449 View attachment 1736450
View attachment 1736455

Nice! Cartier Santos and flip flops for me :)
C3F7D69F-0E8C-4698-8D61-9B60371FD2E0.jpeg

pedarius

Reaction score
With the warehouse sale, I'm finding myself tempted by olive chelseas: anyone here own (or have familiarity in person with) any variant--not just olive--of the Lombard? Not sure about a brogued chelsea . . . but the 65 is a good last for me generally. I might give it a try and send back if it doesn't quite work in person. But would appreciate any expert opinions here.

(The olive Liverpool looks great but not sure I can do the 943B, or in what size I could do it; my duck-like feet don't tend to like the narrow/heavily tapered toe boxes unless they're overlong. No half sizes available up in my range around 13, so limited options to vary fit other than going wide.)

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With the warehouse sale, I'm finding myself tempted by olive chelseas: anyone here own (or have familiarity in person with) any variant--not just olive--of the Lombard? Not sure about a brogued chelsea . . . but the 65 is a good last for me generally. I might give it a try and send back if it doesn't quite work in person. But would appreciate any expert opinions here.

(The olive Liverpool looks great but not sure I can do the 943B, or in what size I could do it; my duck-like feet don't tend to like the narrow/heavily tapered toe boxes unless they're overlong. No half sizes available up in my range around 13, so limited options to vary fit other than going wide.)
They're on the 64, which is supposed to be lower volume...I've been considering this last myself.
As far as 943B sizing, I run 11EEE 65/1757, 11.5EE 511. I am wearing 11EEE choco suede Liverpools today. I get a bit of toe crunch, but I've mostly tamed it with stretching. I am low volume, so 11.5EEE would be too much. 11.5E was snug on the sides, but the taper was in a bit better place.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have an olive Liverpool? Would be interested to see it ITW.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Seeking advice: I'm eyeing the Patton in either tan nubuck or caper repello suede but not clear about differences in terms of leather quality/attributes and how they compare?

Also with respect sizing: I am normally a 9.5E but I got my original charcoal kudu pair back when they were only offered in D width. They fit a bit snugly but quite comfortable—is that because of the kudu suppleness, i.e. - would weatherproof suede or nubuck fit tighter and warrant an E width?

Thanks for any 411.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
22A6168A-F775-4FC0-846F-A1D968109D7B.jpeg

Dark chili 2.0 calf Mac Neils. First day of sunshine in I can’t remember when.

Seriously how is this shoe discontinued? Wouldn’t every AE Enthusiast want several pairs?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeking advice: I'm eyeing the Patton in either tan nubuck or caper repello suede but not clear about differences in terms of leather quality/attributes and how they compare?

Also with respect sizing: I am normally a 9.5E but I got my original charcoal kudu pair back when they were only offered in D width. They fit a bit snugly but quite comfortable—is that because of the kudu suppleness, i.e. - would weatherproof suede or nubuck fit tighter and warrant an E width?

Thanks for any 411.
Caper green or tan nubuck?
Why not get both?

I have seen the caper suede and it’s an interesting color of green. I liked it, but the shoes (Strands) fit so small that I swear they were mislabeled. I had to return them.

The tan nubuck is also very nice. It’s almost the exact same shade of brown as the light brown suede Pattons.

I would have a tough time picking between those two.

EDIT: I forgot to comment on sizing. I have pairs of the charcoal kudu, light brown suede, and tan nubuck. They all feel about the same to me.

Last edited:

pedarius

Reaction score
They're on the 64, which is supposed to be lower volume...I've been considering this last myself.
As far as 943B sizing, I run 11EEE 65/1757, 11.5EE 511. I am wearing 11EEE choco suede Liverpools today. I get a bit of toe crunch, but I've mostly tamed it with stretching. I am low volume, so 11.5EEE would be too much. 11.5E was snug on the sides, but the taper was in a bit better place.
Great feedback, thanks so much! I may have to go for my usual 65/1757 size and see how it works out.

The only info I could find on the 64 was the AE writeup:

64 LAST
This is an adaptation from the famous 65 last. While the 65 last is our most popular, Classic fitting last, the 64 is slightly roomier across the ball and forepart of the foot providing a more “relaxed fit.” This last keeps all of the same defining characteristics of the 65, but is slightly longer for an updated and sophisticated spin on the classic.

So was taking that to mean 65 with more toe room--which sounded like a winner. 65 usually fits me fine, but I have a pair or two (Williamsburg chukka, for example) that gives a bit of toe crunch.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 64 is kind of weird - when I tried on the Bond Street a long time ago, apart from Kristen quickly saying to me "You DON'T want those" I remember it feeling exactly like the Park but with a tiny smidgeon of extra cone height that was sort of washed away by all the padding. Way later I bought the Wooster Street and with all the padding gone, I definitely felt a little bit of extra cone height. Other than that it was very hard to tell the 64 apart from the 65.

If you're going for the Lombard and you think the Liverpool fits ok after stretching in the width (meaning you don't need to screw around with length changes to get the 1943 / 943B to work like some people), I'd recommend the same thing for the Lombard. Best case is they just work as-is, worst case is you get a little excess cone height which I think should still be minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads