• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Venice was jumping during Carnevale.

PXL_20220227_165938203.jpg
PXL_20220227_164920878.jpg
PXL_20220227_154123459.jpg

SJTM

Reaction score
This Caribbean Cask Balvanie was all they had at my local liquor store, not sure how it will compare to the "standard" Balvanie.

The Glenlivet 18 years was about $125 USD, and that Caribbean Cask Balvanie was also about $125 USD, so I went with the cheaper Glenlivet 12 years.

I remember when I turned 19 (the drinking age in Canada), I used to drink Jack Daniels because it seemed cool enough for Slash. A guy told me it was rubbish and that I should drink Glen Fiddich, which I did for years, not because I liked it but because I wanted to appear refined. I think that is as close to Glenlivet as I've ever come, so I'm curious to give it a go.

As for the chess board, I'm looking for big, fancy pieces for my offices. I have a Mad Men whisky collection in my office which draws a lot of comments, and I'm thinking a chess board would also be an interesting touch, though will likely gather dust, since I think everyone plays online now.
Always many good choices in whiskey, but do not pass on a glass of Jack Daniels single Barrel Barrel Select. Quite good.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whatcha drinking... or is it new leather conditioner :)

Weller 107. Also had some Stagg Jr and Old Fitz 13yr along for the ride.

The whole road trip from Palermo to Venezia is on the website (professorhorseyhead dot com slash posts) city by city. Two so far, Rome is next this Friday (writing it today) then Florence and finally Venice.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Weller 107. Also had some Stagg Jr and Old Fitz 13yr along for the ride.

The whole road trip from Palermo to Venezia is on the website (professorhorseyhead dot com slash posts) city by city. Two so far, Rome is next this Friday (writing it today) then Florence and finally Venice.
keep living the dream my friend

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could someone give me a good comparison of the 79 vs 2042 last (Randolph vs Lake Bluff)?
My experience:
2042: narrow heel, good midfoot room, average to generous instep allowance, tapered toes. I have to stretch for my pinkie toes, but otherwise I like them even if they have a bit too high of a cone for my foot (heel locks in well) 11.5E for me.
79: wide-ish heel (better than the 97 :mad: ), average front, average instep. These are a compromise fit, but work ok. I have 11EE and 11.5E, and both are a compromise in their own way.
Also for reference:
1757/65: 11EEE
511: 11.5EE
Loafers generally I go for 11.5E and stretch the toe box for pinkie toes.

MrOxford

Reaction score
This Caribbean Cask Balvanie was all they had at my local liquor store, not sure how it will compare to the "standard" Balvanie.

The Glenlivet 18 years was about $125 USD, and that Caribbean Cask Balvanie was also about $125 USD, so I went with the cheaper Glenlivet 12 years.

I remember when I turned 19 (the drinking age in Canada), I used to drink Jack Daniels because it seemed cool enough for Slash. A guy told me it was rubbish and that I should drink Glen Fiddich, which I did for years, not because I liked it but because I wanted to appear refined. I think that is as close to Glenlivet as I've ever come, so I'm curious to give it a go.

As for the chess board, I'm looking for big, fancy pieces for my offices. I have a Mad Men whisky collection in my office which draws a lot of comments, and I'm thinking a chess board would also be an interesting touch, though will likely gather dust, since I think everyone plays online now.

Glenlivet story. When both my older brothers and their wives came to visit me, we had dinner at my new home in Windsor, Ontario. At the end of the meal, I brought out a bottle of Glenlivet 18 that I was enjoying. My eldest brother was not a drinker, so he passed on the offer. My second older brother drank the Glenlivet 18......with a can of ginger ale. Clearly, he was not a connoisseur of whisky. My taste buds can distinguish Glenlivet 18 and Glenlivet Founder's Reserve. The difference is in the taste: the Founder's Reserve is diluted (water-down) in taste compared to the Glenlivet 18. The smell is the same. At least, I cannot separate the Glenlivet 18 and Founder's Reserve based on smell.

The Disaronno Amaretto is a great liqueur to have straight up on the rock (ice). Of course, you can mix it to create a mudslide drink. :)

Your remark about Glen Fiddich. When you have enough personal experiences in a particular area, you will develop confidence in what you prefer, so you are not easily persuaded by other people's opinions. At least, I can tell where about the person is located in his journey down a certain rabbit hole: namely, shoes, bespoke jackets, operation of a motorcycle, boos, and actions of different firearms.

Regarding the chess board comment. There are a couple of wood workers making chess boards in excellent quality in Esty. Vendors in India will under declare the value, so you don't have to extra expenditure over brokerage fees. They did this on their own free will. I made no suggestions, but I appreciated the gesture. Personally, if I can find a chess player, I would prefer to touch real wooden chess pieces than playing 2D on the internet.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Burgundy goes with anything! It goes great with blues and grays
That's all I wear with them. They're just so loud, and I have to really be careful with my jackets because most are warm tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads