• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I am an attorney and I could not agree more.
Just because one is an attorney, doesn't mean their words carry any more weight than yours or mine or the plumber who lives down the block from me. As my Grandfather said, "Everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time". If you are a "flagrant criminal" well then, heck, you know a defense attorney :)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Landshark for a week of non Strand like shoes.
FFEDA991-6807-417C-BD72-6E3A1D4DAA0C.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's after Memorial Day, so I decided to break out the white selvedge and pair them with blue Cronmoks. Mostly for fun, but also partly to embarrass my daughter. She was OK with the jeans at first, until I also started playing some Whitesnake and possibly broke her forever.

IMG_5184.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I mentioned that I was quite impressed with the quality of my two recent pair of AE’s. I’ve already posted my Chili weave Strand’s, but I figured I’d post these quick pics of my copper pair (sadly, the walnut pair I ordered were auto-canceled by AE due to them running out of inventory, so I guess I’ll have to hold at 2 pair of these for now.)

maoHJJM.jpg

0OfaAZc.jpg

jhHwi1X.jpg

JBI2kcQ.jpg

nXL9JwI.jpg

Like the other pair, these are solidly executed (and weave spectator is sure as hell an opportunity mine-field to screw things up):
huWfG0w.jpg

Outsole stitching is (by modern standards) tight and even.

yA2ThFy.jpg

Edge finishing is also well done, something they were having real problems with a few years back.
aKIviHq.jpg

Vb5VLgJ.jpg

Nothing’s munged up - I’d have expected at least one problem between these two pairs (and their complicated patterns).
lO7XLZj.jpg

AE took a bath on these, during this sale. Just on materials alone, they’re losing money at the 150 dollar sale price. It’s a shame, because these examples, which were carefully made, are absolutely worth the original MSRP.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's after Memorial Day, so I decided to break out the white selvedge and pair them with blue Cronmoks. Mostly for fun, but also partly to embarrass my daughter. She was OK with the jeans at first, until I also started playing some Whitesnake and possibly broke her forever.

View attachment 1618755
I miss my pair when yall post them. Are you worried about them turning your Whitesnakes to Blue Oyster Cults? Mine were notorious for turning my cream socks I so fondly wore with them a mottled Navy Working Uniform camo look...

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t worn any Allen Edmonds for about two weeks because they wouldn’t be that great here…. View attachment 1618765
You just need the right pair:
ByaOrXx.jpg

Get a heavy duty lug sole on those and you’re all set.

Hell, I might just do that, stamp ‘em with a Church’s logo and list them for 1,200 bucks on eBay.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss my pair when yall post them. Are you worried about them turning your Whitesnakes to Blue Oyster Cults? Mine were notorious for turning my cream socks I so fondly wore with them a mottled Navy Working Uniform camo look...

I've got about 10 wears into these "new to me" Cronmoks and have yet to see any blue color transfer. To be honest, most of the times I've worn them have been with blue denim, so I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

I picked up the white selvedge from Uniqlo on clearance for $10, so if the Cronmoks bully them at all and stain them blue, it's not going to bother me in the slightest. Well, maybe a little bit. I'll know where they're going because I sure know where they've been. They've been hanging on the promises, and the pants hanger in the back of my closet. I've made up my mind. I ain't wasting no more time. I know what it means to walk along in this lovely sheen of jeans.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1618755

Hmmm... Blue Cronmok versus Blue Neumok (original version)
kfNKcwM.jpg

And now, a brief musical interlude:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Out of the morning shoes and in to Bourbon MacNeils for an anniversary dinner with Mrs. smfdoc. To quote her, "42 years, good hell!"

IMG_0391.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads