• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got these beautiful Kenilworths in vegano brown. Amazing sale price at the warehouse sale. I love this brown. Very rich, deep, beautiful colour.

1610956147810.JPEG

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide real world feedback from actual ownership and wear of these models:
(Feedback on the AE website can be unreliable because it is not from informed aficionados on SF)
  • What do you like or not like about them?
  • Why would you advise someone to get them (or not get them)?
I wear a 10D in 511 (wilbert) and 9.5E in 65 (PA/5A/Strand) so I am not sure what might work in the 201 and/or 42 last. The McTavish seems interesting due to the waxed suede but I do like the captoe of the Woodrow more than the wing.

McTavish Oxford Wingtip Waxed Suede Dress Shoe - 201 Last
(and I am also interested in the black Horween® Dublin leather one as well)
View attachment 1537534

Woodrow Cap-Toe Oxford - 42 Last
View attachment 1537536

I don't own either, but I saw the waxed suede model just the other day in the store, and I really didn't like it looks at all. It had a very...shaggy and unkempt appearance. It has none of the charm of suede and all kind of looks beat up.

Meanwhile, the Woodrow basically is the tinsel avenue without the blue. It looks nice, but I'd personally just go for the good ole Strand, which in my view, is the quintessential half brogue.

schweezly

Reaction score
Thanks to @ae_ashley for these splendid navy blue shell cordovan Dundees.

Not only are the shoes themselves absolutely stellar, but I loved my Allen Edmonds mask + shoe horn + but the two shoe bags. The extra special attention to these small things shows a real consideration on Ashley's part. I am impressed and pleased!

I know who I am calling up going forward for all my orders!

View attachment 1537627 View attachment 1537629 View attachment 1537630 View attachment 1537628

View attachment 1537633

Nice find!

Can anyone provide real world feedback from actual ownership and wear of these models:
(Feedback on the AE website can be unreliable because it is not from informed aficionados on SF)
I wear a 10D in 511 (wilbert) and 9.5E in 65 (PA/5A/Strand) so I am not sure what might work in the 201 and/or 42 last. The McTavish seems interesting due to the waxed suede but I do like the captoe of the Woodrow more than the wing.

View attachment 1537534

View attachment 1537536

I really like the waxed Mctavish for a fall/winter shoe. Goes well with chinos and/or outfits incorporating a sweater...especially earthy tones

Fit wise it’s going to be different than either of those. My inclination is to say 9.5D because I found them 1 width narrower than 65 last shoes. That said, I also find them slightly more forgiving than 511 shoes but you may get heel slip in a 10d

no experience with the other

Last edited:

PANJ

Reaction score

View attachment 1537534

View attachment 1537536
I own a pair of the waxed suede McTavish and I am a fan. I wanted a casual shoe that could stand up to winter weather and the waxed suede + rubber sole seems to provide that. I am not sure I would call them "unkempt" (but I understand the comment); if you are on the fussier side and need a "perfect shoe" they will not be for you. The waxed suede is very smooth on my pair--it basically looks like a light matte black. I have also seen the brown in the store and I think they look great too, with nice variations in color. The fit is similar to my 65 last shoes--just with a narrower V in the laces. That said, I ordered a pair of CXL McTavish a couple of years ago and they were too big, so YMMV. If you like the look they are, in my opinion, a no-brainer at $140.

FWIW the websitie is inconsistent on the last of the Woodrow. If you go to the "our lasts" section of the website and click the link that brings you to all the 65-last shoes, the Woodrow is there with all the other 65 shoes.

Southwick

Reaction score
Thanks to @ae_ashley for these splendid navy blue shell cordovan Dundees.

Not only are the shoes themselves absolutely stellar, but I loved my Allen Edmonds mask + shoe horn + but the two shoe bags. The extra special attention to these small things shows a real consideration on Ashley's part. I am impressed and pleased!

I know who I am calling up going forward for all my orders!

View attachment 1537627 View attachment 1537629 View attachment 1537630 View attachment 1537628

View attachment 1537633
I didn’t know Dundees were available. Did she find these in the system?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

PANJ

Reaction score

View attachment 1537534

View attachment 1537536
Here are some pics. Wearing them today.
843E1F03-D564-4B34-9F28-391087F0B8FD.jpeg
A5A27982-0DA2-4DCF-9059-FC9AC0F29132.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Could be. theyre seconds, and the only other reason is a small ripple on the back top side of one boot. With the current 2nds sale it’s a no brainer

Maybe a production error. That seems the most likely explanation, in my view.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carmel shell from the other other guys today
4FAD8E73-F7E1-4FA1-84E2-A3DDFA880F46.jpeg

Maybe these don’t really work with the jeans but I felt like wearing the shoes and I’m trying to break the jeans in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads