• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Halloween forum pals. Stay safe out there.

IMG_9585.jpg

Jimmy R

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am an 8e in AE, can also fit a 7.5eee with the tongue pads.

How would I size in the Penny or Italian loafers?

Do I stick with the 8e? Worried they may be too loose without laces. I have a wide and flat foot, so maybe loafers are a no go with AE?

I would go 7.5eee, since I feel like loafers should fit snugger. After all, there are no laces to tighten them up.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would go 7.5eee, since I feel like loafers should fit snugger. After all, there are no laces to tighten them up.
The 7.5EEE he already has to add tongue pads to laced; I assume you meant 8E?

Hey guys, I am an 8e in AE, can also fit a 7.5eee with the tongue pads.

How would I size in the Penny or Italian loafers?

Do I stick with the 8e? Worried they may be too loose without laces. I have a wide and flat foot, so maybe loafers are a no go with AE?
What models/last are you an 8E in? Different lasts can result in different sizes, especially loafers. I wear 11EEE in 65/1757, 11.5EE (or EEE) in 511, but 11.5E (With stretch at pinkie toe) in 606/2042/79 loafers.
Here’s a good start on recommendations for sizing on lasts. Italians are on down there:
Continues in comments too
Neo did a great service compiling all of this info.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally just use Bick 4 on “casual leather” like oak street, CXL HM, Strandmok, etc. Is there anything else I could or should be using in addition?

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Halloween!

My brother likes to say he works for a living, he delivers for UPS on an industrial route. Empties and fills a 26' truck every day, often more than once. So when I asked him to take a picture of my boots out in the desert and he asked why I wanted a picture of my boots, of course I lied.

I do love these CXL HMs, and while they were far from my first AE (which goes back to the early 90s) they did re-ignite my passion after a few years off.

HM_Desert_2.jpg

Question for the group...I bought my brother a pair of these same boots. He has been wearing out $100 cemented boots every 2-3 months (Columbia etc.). After a break-in period, he loves the way they feel but is saying the Dainite is on track to wear out after 3-4 months. Recommendations on a sole for a guy who does 30,000+ steps a day and wants something as light and durable as possible? I'm going to try the Vibram Arctic on his Weatherproof ones once the Dainite is worn out (he works in Denver), but I could use a recommendation for an April-October sole on the CXL ones. Christy Wedge?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Appreciate it. One more question. I'm graduating from AE care products to Saphir. What color is best for matching AE Walnut, Chili, and Oxblood?
Try viewing this.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try viewing this.

Will do. Thanks.

I made a couple of purchases today for the first time in a while. Maybe the first this year as a matter of fact. Nothing big but steals for the price if they work out okay. I'm looking forward to showing them when they get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads