• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
Posted these earlier but I thought it needed some cleanup work. The burnishing looked a bit heavy handed so I continued to blend.

two vintage MacNeils which looked identical. I burnished the 90s era and left 80s era untouched.

C9336490-5B29-4E97-A03C-7F87240F4985.jpeg
444F8441-08A5-4A7C-8276-D343ECC3E2DB.jpeg

lemmy127

Reaction score
Do the individual AE retail stores have their stock separate from the website stock (presumably housed in Port Washington)?

Basically, I'm wondering if there's a chance there's still a pair of dark chili and/or walnut MacNeils out there in my size that isn't available online.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought some 80s vintage MacNeils (unworn and unlaced) and zone 90s vintage MacNeils (slight wear). They looked almost identical so I decided to burnish the 90s (just didn’t feel right burnishing a 49 year old unwind pair).
I have done some slight burnishing in the past but this is my first serious attempt. What do you guys think? Again, they looked as it identical prior to applying the layers of Saphir. View attachment 1311235 View attachment 1311237
These are hard overdone. It's all about subtlety. I would start again if you can.

I was born in Chicago, but my dad (who is from Minneapolis) raised me as a Vikings fan. I don't want to make light of any bad situations, but being a Vikings fan often feels like I'm in a psychologically abusive relationship. I'm not old enough to have lived through the 70's championship heart breakers, but if there is a way for the Vikes to tear my heart out of my chest late in the season/in the playoffs, they'll find a way to do it (e.g., 1998, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2015, 2017, etc.). It's always when you start to believe that they have a chance to get over the hump...
Spare me the sad story. You don't have it so bad.

From,

Jets fans

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the individual AE retail stores have their stock separate from the website stock (presumably housed in Port Washington)?

Basically, I'm wondering if there's a chance there's still a pair of dark chili and/or walnut MacNeils out there in my size that isn't available online.
I believe the folks in Charleston and in Paramus, minimally, can see all Macs in the AE universe. Tell Jason what you are looking for and he will search and keep an eye peeled for you.
Meanwhile, a lot of us are hoping the Mac will return for cameos in the suede and shell Trunk Shows later this year.

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn the Indy boots in a while. Trubal is such a dream on the foot. I love these babies.

IMG_20200107_113803.jpg
IMG_20200107_113829.jpg

OmBom

Reaction score
The Chili Walton is a great shoe, I thought I didn't like split toes until I tried the Walton. I really like the fit in 10.5 C. Now I have more split toes than I can count. I also have the 73-lasted Shaker Heights boots but they're too tight at the instep in 10 D, so I'll be selling them eventually. I wish they had worked out because I really like the look.

Walton001.jpg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the folks in Charleston and in Paramus, minimally, can see all Macs in the AE universe. Tell Jason what you are looking for and he will search and keep an eye peeled for you.
Meanwhile, a lot of us are hoping the Mac will return for cameos in the suede and shell Trunk Shows later this year.

Based upon my own experience (which goes back a ways, lol), the inventories work this way:
1. The AE home page inventory shows stock located in the warehouse, end of story. If it's in a store or an outlet (even in the Port Washington outlet, either one), it doesn't show up. If it's being shipped into a store, it may disappear from the website while in transit. If it shows back up on the website, it likely indicates a return, which may be weeks beyond when it was initially seen, as it would have to be physically shipped back and logged back in. What's good about the home page is when you check the factory 2nds, if something shows up but doesn't show up on shoebank, it means it IS in stock as the home page receives far more updates than shoebank. And following up with that, if something disappears from the website but still shows on shoebank, it has been either sold or shipped to a store already.

2. The shoebank shows inventories for outlet stores and for the warehouse, but it doesn't update nearly as frequently and hence errors can arise.

3. The in-store inventory accessible by the employees (not the websites) shows shoes located both in the warehouse and in the physical stores. So far, you will note that what I talked about was 1sts in the warehouse and 2nds in stores and the warehouse. The in-store inventory ALSO shows 1sts located in stores and outlets. Sometimes, the outlet stores will keep sporadic firsts in their own inventories rather than shipping them back to the warehouse. With no way for a consumer to know they are actually available, they just sit there in what profilabinding likes to call the abyss. Any employee can access this system. The fact that you need Paramus & Charleston is a testament to how much the other sales associates are willing to do....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene