• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up some Ashland products and took a few shots. Thought I would share the photos with you.
Garnet shell
View attachment 1438411
Intense blue shell
View attachment 1438412
Dark green shell
View attachment 1438415
Natural shell (bottom wallet is reverse #8 but goes well with the natty)
View attachment 1438417
Those wallets are beautiful. Is the intense blue wallet the Fat Herbie? If so, is it flat/thin enough for a jacket breast pocket? I've been tempted to pick up a FH for breast pocket use.

Here's a question for you and the group: do you regularly use more than 1 wallet, in a rotation like with shoes? I could easily see picking up a blue shell wallet to go with my burgundy wallet, but I wonder if I would actually swap cards, license, cash back and forth each day or every couple of days or if it would just be a headache? Obviously, you have to be a leather goods nut to even consider doing so, but I plead guilty to that.

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up some Ashland products and took a few shots. Thought I would share the photos with you.
Garnet shell
View attachment 1438411
Intense blue shell
View attachment 1438412
Dark green shell
View attachment 1438415
Natural shell (bottom wallet is reverse #8 but goes well with the natty)
View attachment 1438417
I always wanted to be one of those guys that changes his watch strap and wallet to match his shoes and belt.

I admire those guys and I've even tried to be one of those guys ... but I'm way too lazy. I have several AE shell wallets of various colors but they just sit in tupperware while I use the same brown shell wallet every day.

Hell I have to work just to rotate my shoes and avoid defaulting to the same pair every day.

Maybe when I retire I'll get to be one of those guys

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always wanted to be one of those guys that changes my watch strap and wallet to match my shoes and belt.

I admire those guys and I've even tried to be one of those guys ... but I'm way too lazy. I have several AE shell wallets of various colors but they just sit in tupperware while I use the same brown shell wallet every day.

Hell I have to work just to rotate my shoes and avoid defaulting to the same pair every day.

I'm retired, always wanted to be one of those guys as well, hasn't happened.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched it yet.........on DVR for tonight, been busy all day
Drill weekend for me so even MORE mandatory than usual to sit on the couch. I'll refrain from spoiling but I think you'll enjoy it. :)

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As we draw nearer to TS20.2, does anybody have thoughts on what will be offered? How about dates?

shahtirthak

Reaction score
I always wanted to be one of those guys that changes his watch strap and wallet to match his shoes and belt.

I have 6 Ashland wallets (none shell) and I got them to match with a bunch of shoes + belt as well, plus wanted to try out different leathers. So far, the shoes and belt always match but the wallet match has been hit and miss. I dont do it as often as I thought I would. Currently it has turned out that I stick to the same wallet for 2-3 weeks before changing. Thankfully all are getting more or less same use in rotation.

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We received some very poor information. Apologies to everyone for starting a bad rumor.
mistaken rumors are just the internet being the internet

it was still very useful information to know that Alden is discontinuing CXL

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife is very displeased with the lack of a stimulus deal. So she decided to send out her stimulus deal to the children. I was obviously dismayed when I got the email from my bank that $8000 from my checking account had gone out in one day. I asked her about the transfers and her reply was this, “2 pairs of TS for you.” Whooo hooo guys! Two pairs of Shell are in my future!! :p

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's