• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know what yes it says double oak on the site but it is double butyl in reality. Not sure why I wrote double oak as I know better.
I am thinking of getting my burgundy suede version as a single v tread actually. If I like that, I may do the same in a shell show and even do a flat welt!

The Apostle

Reaction score
Madison Park on a Monday.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A big opportunity today beckons, so going forth a bit excited!

Suede Fullertons with brown/green Zilli trousers.

Also,
I am trying to talk myself out of buying any suede TS shoes.
Feeling successful so far,
but that is easy to say before I "could" order if a sand Mills struck me.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1324229

Got these on eBay for a nice price. Of note, on the bottom isn't the Seconds show mark, but very roughly says "No Warranty" with one word above/below the other. With that and the older branded stamping, guessing they're just from many years ago before the shoemark was used? The leather feels super nice, too, which makes me think older as well.

Your thoughts?
Shoes look good. No Warranty means they will not replace them if defective and cannot assure you they will be able to recraft. As others have stated it’s usually a return they cannot sell.

You're right, not a blucher. An Oxford? In any event, I realize that a mirror shine is not for everyone. Some people think it's too flashy and prefer a more matte look. I'm an outlier in terms of my love for mirror shines, it's true. That said, the Hopkinson is indisputably a very classic dress shoe. It seems like a dress shoe should be able to take a mirror shine. If that isn't possible I get it, but I wish it were possible.
It is an Oxford. It will take a shine but it will take a considerable amount of effort. I have done it to mine and it took a very long time. I sold them since I didn’t need to black captoe pairs. Kept the rutledge. Rutledge also requires a fair amount of time to get a shine. Haven’t bothered to take them to a mirror.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes look good. No Warranty means they will not replace them if defective and cannot assure you they will be able to recraft. As others have stated it’s usually a return they cannot sell.

It is an Oxford. It will take a shine but it will take a considerable amount of effort. I have done it to mine and it took a very long time. I sold them since I didn’t need to black captoe pairs. Kept the rutledge. Rutledge also requires a fair amount of time to get a shine. Haven’t bothered to take them to a mirror.
I still don't understand why they take the return though

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A big opportunity today beckons, so going forth a bit excited!

Suede Fullertons with brown/green Zilli trousers.
View attachment 1325280

View attachment 1325281

Also,
I am trying to talk myself out of buying any suede TS shoes.
Feeling successful so far,
but that is easy to say before I "could" order if a sand Mills struck me.
Man, I feel you. But burg and loden Hammies are calling me! I want a sand boot, but I'm trying to tell myself sand is for summer shoes (my MD Chukkas)

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I feel you. But burg and loden Hammies are calling me! I want a sand boot, but I'm trying to tell myself sand is for summer shoes (my MD Chukkas)

Every combination that I can think of that I would like, I can see several current options in my closet.

I might look harder if we were talking full-grain suede. And surely I would own something if Hunter Green were an option.

So for now I am just rotating through my suede to see how I feel at order time. :)

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't either but some of them likely come from Nordstrom and any other distributors they have.
That’s an interesting point. I assumed that Dabondo1 only had a relationship with AE; if that is teueperhaps Nordstrom has a deal with AE to send them returns? That seems a bit unlikely to me.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every combination that I can think of that I would like, I can see several current options in my closet.

I might look harder if we were talking full-grain suede. And surely I would own something if Hunter Green were an option.

So for now I am just rotating through my suede to see how I feel at order time. :)
So I agree that I’d rather have seen Janus than Repello here, but the gray is supposed to be kudu, which might be reverse kudu.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, I would jump hard if it were olive over loden!
You don't want any burgundy suede?

A green suede boot is something I'm missing currently... Ideally want that Todd Snyder green Indy (NIMS to quote you), so that's something I'm missing. Burgundy suede is one of those things I said I'd but if it became available...

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I agree that I’d rather have seen Janus than Repello here, but the gray is supposed to be kudu, which might be reverse kudu.

Yes! Agree but not so hot for grey.

My suede game is fine, hunter green was my only insta-buy.

Yeah, I would jump hard if it were olive over loden!
You don't want any burgundy suede?

A green suede boot is something I'm missing currently... Ideally want that Todd Snyder green Indy (NIMS to quote you), so that's something I'm missing. Burgundy suede is one of those things I said I'd but if it became available...

I will find a way to manage, without burgundy suede.

Some options do not work in my head due to my foot size...but blue Mills shows I can be wrong on this.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! Agree but not so hot for grey.

My suede game is fine, hunter green was my only insta-buy.

I will find a way to manage, without burgundy suede.

Some options do not work in my head due to my foot size...but blue Mills shows I can be wrong on this.

Well, blue Dainite on a big gray boot is gonna be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads