• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy and Dark green would be the only two colors I'm interested in. Just not sure I'll spend $440 in addition to what I am spending or have spent recently. I may have to just see if any seconds pop up.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy and Dark green would be the only two colors I'm interested in. Just not sure I'll spend $440 in addition to what I am spending or have spent recently. I may have to just see if any seconds pop up.
Let me assist you with that weasel request

Loden Hamilton on brown Dainite with translucent brown edge.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McTavish today

01-27-20 McTavish.jpg

OmBom

Reaction score
A big opportunity today beckons, so going forth a bit excited!

Suede Fullertons with brown/green Zilli trousers.
View attachment 1325280

View attachment 1325281

Also,
I am trying to talk myself out of buying any suede TS shoes.
Feeling successful so far,
but that is easy to say before I "could" order if a sand Mills struck me.

Wish the Fullerton was included in the current suede TS. Sure looks great with the Zilli pants. I always like seeing @St Hubbins Fullertons posted, too. One of the best looking suede shoes ever.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double breasted Monday with burgundy Cambridge on the bottom. This particular pair has always had a wonderful coloring to them.

IMG_20200127_083248.jpg
IMG_20200127_083657.jpg

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what I've been wondering. Curious what the final results will be once the show is over. Where is @BFT9000 with a new spreadsheet?! (Teasing of course). I think people find the value in shell at its price point but I am not sure people find the calf/suede lines as good of a value at full MSRP. Not sure this forum is a great gauge for that either since a large majority of this thread never pays retail outside of TS events. I include myself in this of course. I cannot remember the last non-shell pair I purchased at retail. Actually I'm not sure if I ever have. I tried to for the Palm Beaches but fit didn't work out. I just checked and 9/25 pairs of AEs I have are not shell and the most I paid I think was $345 early on in purchasing days for Merlot McAllisters.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is what I've been wondering. Curious what the final results will be once the show is over. Where is @BFT9000 with a new spreadsheet?! (Teasing of course). I think people find the value in shell at its price point but I am not sure people find the calf/suede lines as good of a value at full MSRP. Not sure this forum is a great gauge for that either since a large majority of this thread never pays retail outside of TS events. I include myself in this of course. I cannot remember the last non-shell pair I purchased at retail. Actually I'm not sure if I ever have. I tried to for the Palm Beaches but fit didn't work out. I just checked and 9/25 pairs of AEs I have are not shell and the most I paid I think was $345 early on in purchasing days for Merlot McAllisters.
Excluding other manufacturers, I have bought these at full retail outside of GMTO/TS (excluding ones I've sold because I don't want to unhide those cells and I don't think I purchased may if at all at full retail):
1776 (on chopping block though)
MD Chukkas in Sand and Olive
Fifth St in brown shell (does full retail plus MTO fee count?)
Santa Mok (purchased my JBM at full retail too, but gone now)

I'm good paying full retail for special item suede I won't get elsewhere, especially when Alden suede is $200 more

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've not paid full MSRP for any pair except through a trunk show. However, I have stopped buying any non-TS pairs pretty much. I now only want to collect interesting colors with custom make ups or on shoes that don't normally come in that color. Basically, I really only want MTO. I am willing to pay full price for that. If something really special comes along now that is or was a "regular offering," I will buy it on sale, as a second, or on clearance when it is discontinued.

EDIT: I don't count my MD Chukka as a retail purchase, but I did buy it at regular price. It is a special offering though--to me like a TS.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excluding other manufacturers, I have bought these at full retail outside of GMTO/TS (excluding ones I've sold because I don't want to unhide those cells and I don't think I purchased may if at all at full retail):
1776 (on chopping block though)
MD Chukkas in Sand and Olive
Fifth St in brown shell (does full retail plus MTO fee count?)
Santa Mok (purchased my JBM at full retail too, but gone now)

I'm good paying full retail for special item suede I won't get elsewhere, especially when Alden suede is $200 more
I've not paid full MSRP for any pair except through a trunk show. However, I have stopped buying any non-TS pairs pretty much. I now only want to collect interesting colors with custom make ups or on shoes that don't normally come in that color. Basically, I really only want MTO. I am willing to pay full price for that. If something really special comes along now that is or was a "regular offering," I will buy it on sale, as a second, or on clearance when it is discontinued.

EDIT: I don't count my MD Chukka as a retail purchase, but I did buy it at regular price. It is a special offering though--to me like a TS.
I should clarify that I fully intend to get some in this suede TS. Merely curious how the overall numbers will look from here vs shell events. I am pretty excited for the offering, I think it is a pretty great lineup.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should clarify that I fully intend to get some in this suede TS. Merely curious how the overall numbers will look from here vs shell events. I am pretty excited for the offering, I think it is a pretty great lineup.
Revenues may be lower because prices are lower, but I wonder if non-enthusiasts will be more likely to participate.

Imagine somebody waking into a store and thinking about spending about $400 on some shoes. This person is presented with then opportunity to buy some regular and vault models in standard and rare shell colors for $700–nearly twice the person’s original budget. A lot of people will just pass.

Now instead imagine the same person presented with an array of suede options for $400. The person may participate within original budget.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Revenues may be lower because prices are lower, but I wonder if non-enthusiasts will be more likely to participate.

Imagine somebody waking into a store and thinking about spending about $400 on some shoes. This person is presented with then opportunity to buy some regular and vault models in standard and rare shell colors for $700–nearly twice the person’s original budget. A lot of people will just pass.

Now instead imagine the same person presented with an array of suede options for $400. The person may participate within original budget.
Yea, I am more interested in it from the forum, but the later point about walk-ins is valid. I have no idea how many of their sales are generated in store vs online. Since you cannot order it online I guess it doesn't really matter. The customer base would be walk-ins and people like us, I would imagine.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me the issue is timing. I bought a suede pair last month along with 3 watches and a new overcoat. I'm ordering a Navy Boot this week which I anticipated and saved for, now the Suede TS; the wallet says no but FOMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads