• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the first time in my jean wearing life, I received multiple compliments on the Civilianaire denim. Men were asking about them as if I were a hot woman, women asking me why I was so dressed up today. One of the guys asked were I got them and he pulled them up on the AE website. Thought they were a good price, yet he thought the shoes were way overpriced.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After viewing the Landon, I have come to think that the style would be awesome for CXL. I like the calf two tone versions but CXL would be a knock out for me. BTW, has anyone seen any footwear that you thought, wow that won’t work with Shell? Didn’t think so.
Counter point: suede/nubuck
If you need a car to make yourself smile, I would postulate that you don’t have enough shoes. @BFT9000 how is the storage box buying going?
The car’s for when I need to destress after having struggled to figure out WHICH of the piles and piles of shoes to wear. (Spreadsheet does help with that)

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the first time in my jean wearing life, I received multiple compliments on the Civilianaire denim. Men were asking about them as if I were a hot woman, women asking me why I was so dressed up today. One of the guys asked were I got them and he pulled them up on the AE website. Thought they were a good price, yet he thought the shoes were way overpriced.
$195 list?!? I’ve never paid more than $80ish for jeans! (mind you that was Lucky brand in the late 90s) I’ll stick to my $800 shoes, thanks.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a horrible feeling to have an excessive amount of materialistic unnecessary garbage (shoes, watches, g-string underwear, music equipment, clothes, and dildos).
All of these things serve a purpose! It’s not like owning a gold plated toilet. Lol!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do take the same size as the HM (and my 65). Completely different, the HM to Hammie. You really need to think of your Strandmoks with a taller shaft. Poron inside, which I know you like. I think you could make them work though (I know you struggle a bit with vamp in 65).
I’ll have to get a shot in the sun in the morrow. Don’t have any pics on this phone currently.
View attachment 1478068

Yup... having a cabinet and closet full of shoes (and things in general) can be disheartening sometimes. But. Then you put on a pair, check your watch, slip into your Rx-7, grin ear to ear, and just enjoy life.

Woah, you are Hamilton King. Thanks for trying to help me. The reason I ask is that I noticed the tan nubuck version is near extinction and there is a pair in 8.5 D on the bank.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my shaved burgundy shell HM's to a client dinner last night. I've got several of these guys raising their shoe game. A few have moved from junk up to JM or CH (what they believe to be top tier footwear). One is now sporting AE (although they're not recognizable to me w/ a rubber 1-piece sole & heel. He had to show me where it said Allen Edmonds on the sole.)
Update - it was Driggs loafers.

Anyway, when we're together, they check out my shoes. Baby steps, I guess.

20191024_170540.jpg

20191014_182711.jpg

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how different each class of Strandmok is fitting. My CXL’s need to be 9.5B. The newest suedes fit great in 9.5C, yet the Wookymoks are pretty damn tight in 9.5D. When it comes to fit, I can feel the pea under 10 mattresses.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how different each class of Strandmok is fitting. My CXL’s need to be 9.5B. The newest suedes fit great in 9.5C, yet the Wookymoks are pretty damn tight in 9.5D. When it comes to fit, I can feel the pea under 10 mattresses.

I can add the olive ones fit the most generous that I've tried, and the tan fits pretty snug. The blue fit pretty generous as well. I asked Bedo's how much it would cost to change the welt and stitching on the tan pair, and it turns out that changing a welt is very expensive. It's the labor that is involved and of course it takes a lot of time. I'll just have to get used to the black welt.

IMG_1234.JPG

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can add the olive ones fit the most generous that I've tried, and the tan fits pretty snug. The blue fit pretty generous as well. I asked Bedo's how much it would cost to change the welt and stitching on the tan pair, and it turns out that changing a welt is very expensive. It's the labor that is involved and of course it takes a lot of time. I'll just have to get used to the black welt.

View attachment 1478119
I would bet that it would be around $350. But on a dress shoe with JR soles about $400. And of course if you go Florsheim with the actual suicide heel, then you are at $450.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members