• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mono-bag has been discussed at length. I think most of us here would prefer a bag for each shoe/boot. I know that one can order bags by including them.....but come on AE!
I commented earlier today that the mono-bag was news to me.
Seriously, how could that be? It’s been mentioned a bazillion times on here over the last year. Three different people responded and gave me the details. (I won’t call them out by name.)

I happen to like the pillowcase-sized bags. They’re a great fit for larger shoes. I just need two of them!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously, how could that be? It’s been mentioned a bazillion times on here over the last year. Three different people responded and gave me the details. (I won’t call them out by name.)

I happen to like the pillowcase-sized bags. They’re a great fit for larger shoes. I just need two of them!
Oh, they are nice bags, just one shy of the proper # of bags.
IMG_9822.jpeg

ptfly

Reaction score
All you guys that picked the brown Bartlett for $199 are getting a lot of shoe for the money. You're very fortunate.
I read your reviews and I thank you for the that. Tonight laced and tried on after inspecting. I am happy to say that the B width is a very good fit for me. In calf I generally go to C on the 65 but this puts me in my proper width better. V gap is just right in the Indy.
The shoe is without a doubt the best bargain I have found to date. Very much darker than my cigar strands that I feared were too close. The color is not flashy but very understated and should work well for me. Definitely not overlapping. The color is very dark. I have many shades of brown dress belts but none are this deep.
The upper is softer than I expected....feels like lambskin. The lining is another level of comfort compared to my many other dress shoes. The sole is a nice touch. A bit of not so sharp pinking and a little flaring at the rear quarters but I am being extra picky about that.
A little saphir renovateur followed by saphir tobacco (I had darker but wanted to try the reddish tint) and I am looking forward to the first wear.
I am very happy with this purchase. Highly recommended if the style fits your needs.
Bonus points for proper light grey bagS.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful chili shell
what are you showing in that last photo?
Do you have garnet shell you can put next to the chili? :fonz:
Thanks! Just trying to get as much of a hero shot of the color as possible without direct sunlight.
I don't currently have any garnet/#2 in house for a pic tonight, but I can tell you it's probably the #2 shells that came out too dark for #2. Though my remake rubi will end up basically the same color based on the sample sent to me. (Less burnishing of course)

Totally got the sarcasm. ;p

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just know we all have regrets on here. I missed out on:

-olive Rush Street
-walnut Rutledge
-natural Higgins Mill

etc.

Easily my biggest regret is not fully understanding the clearance price/MTO loophole that existed for a while around 2013/14. Some guys on here scored some amazing custom boots at crazy prices.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Short answer: hold out for the chocolate as far as color goes (i missed out on them too). If you want the weatherproof, order them in to the store and get hands-on before committing. :)

I have decided to adopt this philosophy. No more buying calf while waiting for the rare shell I want. I already have a ton of NIB calf sitting in my closet unworn and gathering dust

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have decided to adopt this philosophy. No more buying calf while waiting for the rare shell I want. I already have a ton of NIB calf sitting in my closet unworn and gathering dust
I know this may be sacrilege, but I like calf. Rare shell is great, but calf is readily available, and if one beats it up.....there is another pair out there, ready to be purchased. Can't say the same for Shell.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my new (to me) Fenways. I have it on good authority that these were the last pair of Fenways sold by AE (and in fact, sold by the Queen Weasel herself to their former owner, @pbrandes, who added the matching eyelets before passing them along to me). I'm thinking these are going to be a great foul-weather shoe:

View attachment 1285012

They look great on you! Glad to see them go to a good home here in our SF community.

And there you have it—another satisfied customer. Which seems like as good a time as any for a reminder that there are still some good deals to be had at the pbrandes Fire Sale over on the AE Buy-Sell-Trade Thread:

Badlands – brown / 9.5E / wears: 4-6 approx
$55 + $15 shipping in continental U.S.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...trade-b-s-t-thread.647058/page-4#post-9963519

Dundee 2.0 – Navy suede / 9.5E / wears: 6-8 approx
$75 + $15 shipping in continental U.S.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...trade-b-s-t-thread.647058/page-4#post-9963528

Lake Bluff – walnut weave / 9 E / wears: 3
$55 + $15 shipping in continental U.S.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...trade-b-s-t-thread.647058/page-4#post-9963532

Shane – slate suede / 9.5D / wears: 3
$45 + $15 shipping
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...trade-b-s-t-thread.647058/page-4#post-9963539

MacGregor – Snuff suede / 9.5E / wears: 6-8 approx
$35 + $15 shipping in continental U.S.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...trade-b-s-t-thread.647058/page-3#post-9963506

[pretty shameless, no?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads