• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And more chili shell beauties. . .
Happy Friday fellas! I had a little surprise waiting for me last night when I got home. TS19.2 chili 5th Aves have landed. Loving the color of the chili shell on these. The lighting last night definitely not doing these justice. Happy to add these to the fleet. Main question is why not include two bags AE -- dropping $700 on shoes seems odd not to include two bags, right? Hope you're all enjoying your Friday!
View attachment 1285075 View attachment 1285077 View attachment 1285078 View attachment 1285076
Stellar AESM

ptfly

Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of brown Bartletts for $199 last night, even though they didn't have my size (they had one that was only a half-size too long and a letter width too narrow...), but I showed restraint and put my card away. ;)
Oh that was too tempting as well. I saw from my phone they are waiting on my doorstep now. Hope the last works for me. My office is pretty formal so I told myself that is work related even though I have cigar strands :)

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Too much brown?

Not at all.

Participation in this forum has ignited a burning desire for dark brown pebble grain MacNeils. Unfortunately, since Sasquatch and I share a size finding anything has proven difficult.

Don't get me started on all your off topic GS, 1000 Mile and Mallorcan boots that don't come in my size either.

Thank heavens for AE and their huge lasts.

lemmy127

Reaction score
Participation in this forum has ignited a burning desire for dark brown pebble grain MacNeils.

For me, it's been a medium brown pebble grain that's devoid of red tones. Seems like the only shoemaker that has one is Carmina and their chestnut karangrain, but I'm done pretending that 11 UK works. 13A, 13B, or bust. I think I just need to suck it up and have a cobbler dye a walnut/tan grain to that color instead.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all.

Participation in this forum has ignited a burning desire for dark brown pebble grain MacNeils. Unfortunately, since Sasquatch and I share a size finding anything has proven difficult.

Don't get me started on all your off topic GS, 1000 Mile and Mallorcan boots that don't come in my size either.

Thank heavens for AE and their huge lasts.
Preach

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They never notice the shoes. They notice the look the shoes give

I like that. I like that a lot. I think you're 100% on the money with this one.

I got a thing. Love the color and they seem to have applied almost no burnishing to my pair which is great. I'd say they're slightly less red in person than the photos show.

View attachment 1285036

View attachment 1285035

W.O.W. Somebody turn down the heat, I'm sweating like a fat kid an a candy shop!!!!

Are those the trans brown edges? Those are off the charts.

Happy Friday fellas! I had a little surprise waiting for me last night when I got home. TS19.2 chili 5th Aves have landed. Loving the color of the chili shell on these. The lighting last night definitely not doing these justice. Happy to add these to the fleet. Main question is why not include two bags AE -- dropping $700 on shoes seems odd not to include two bags, right? Hope you're all enjoying your Friday!
View attachment 1285075 View attachment 1285077 View attachment 1285078 View attachment 1285076

Only one massive shoe bag? That's really disappointing; I am a huge AE fan and will always be thankful that my shoe illness began with AE. They're cheapening their product (I feel) by only including that one "sleeping bag" style bag for the shoes.

Alas, you have those chili shell Fifth Ave to catch your tears on.... Not a bad consolation prize... :worship2: Those are out of this world.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that. I like that a lot. I think you're 100% on the money with this one.

W.O.W. Somebody turn down the heat, I'm sweating like a fat kid an a candy shop!!!!

Are those the trans brown edges? Those are off the charts.

Only one massive shoe bag? That's really disappointing; I am a huge AE fan and will always be thankful that my shoe illness began with AE. They're cheapening their product (I feel) by only including that one "sleeping bag" style bag for the shoes.

Alas, you have those chili shell Fifth Ave to catch your tears on.... Not a bad consolation prize... :worship2: Those are out of this world.
The mono-bag has been discussed at length. I think most of us here would prefer a bag for each shoe/boot. I know that one can order bags by including them.....but come on AE!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC RANT, OFF TOPIC RANT

So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Citibank, seems I have over $600 in charges on a Citi credit card that a) I haven't used in over 6 months and b) were for some tool company I have never heard of. The reason I'm posting this here is the last time I used that card, was to order a pair of AE's on the AE website. I'm not saying there is a connection, but it does seem odd to me. Citibank, by the way, has been awesome in stopping the card/issuing a replacement card/ sending the stuff to the fraud division and negating the bogus charges. I hope they can assist the police in tracking the SOB down and sending them to jail for life.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for these babies today. The 270 welt really does wonders for this shoe. My first venture into the Trubalance last.... It's like wear a slipper! Very impressive.

The Indy boot hype is real :p

DSC00191.JPG
DSC00192.JPG
DSC00193.JPG

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok somewhat new here so I apologize in advance if this does not capture my new shoes very well. Had two boxes on my porch this morning....

View attachment 1285053

Bourbon much darker than I expected by I love the way they turned out. A lot of burnishing on the Dundees but one the foot I do not notice as much
View attachment 1285054
View attachment 1285055

Chili calf - Chili Dundee - Shell Dalton so you can see the color difference. Obviously a lot more red comes out in the shell

View attachment 1285057

View attachment 1285058

Bourbon and Bulldog - not a horrible combo as long as Otis doesn't think he has a new toy

In all i am thrilled. It been tough waiting so long (and sorry to those who are still waiting) but this was my first purchase through the trunk show and its been a great experience.
Lovely collection and go, Otis! I mean, Otis, no no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads