• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Dublin McTavish? It’s on sale and I loves me that Dublin leather. Thinking about it.
Dublin McTavish are real, and they're spectacular. From the archives! First up, cognac. These are fire. I want more of this leather, would absolutely be ok if Chestnut was available instead. Second, what you're likely referring to, tan. This was actually my very first AE. Swoon.
DSC_3681-01.jpeg
IMG_20180117_165439.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you can compare the color with the Dark Chocolate Daltons that were discontinued. Totally missed out on them and I feel like maybe these are a good alternative, but I don’t know.
Short answer: hold out for the chocolate as far as color goes (i missed out on them too). If you want the weatherproof, order them in to the store and get hands-on before committing. :)

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, translucent brown edges. The chili shell is really stunning in person. I'm waiting on a pair of Color 4 Carminas that should be here in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see the two colors side by side.
Nice, very nice. I got trans edges too. It looks like one of those colors that just has to be see in person to be understood!!

Those look great. Brown shell next to it? It seems like the caps are actually the same length despite being different designs...

It looks the clicking has had a bit of a bad hair day in the first photo. That color is amazing on the boot though! :worship:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC RANT, OFF TOPIC RANT

So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Citibank, seems I have over $600 in charges on a Citi credit card that a) I haven't used in over 6 months and b) were for some tool company I have never heard of. The reason I'm posting this here is the last time I used that card, was to order a pair of AE's on the AE website. I'm not saying there is a connection, but it does seem odd to me. Citibank, by the way, has been awesome in stopping the card/issuing a replacement card/ sending the stuff to the fraud division and negating the bogus charges. I hope they can assist the police in tracking the SOB down and sending them to jail for life.
They don’t even try to catch anyone.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don’t even try to catch anyone.
This.

Rare exceptions are made in the instance that someone is attempting to use a physical card and not just buying stuff on the internet. I've had a debit card physically stolen off me, realized it within about 15 minutes, called, and they said "oh you're not buying $1500 worth of stuff at Lowe's?" lulz.

They got that miserable twat. I sure love Baltimore.

Reaction score
So, it's time for my bi-monthly/quarterly polish weekend for my shoes. While I'm definitely not using all of it, here's a pic of my collection of short care paraphernalia, as well as my two shoes on rotation, my black calf Warwicks and my TS19.2 Antique Cherry Strands.

15744682372087103010655070122236.jpg

Now, the main reason I'm posting, though, is because of these black marks on my Strands that I don't know what it is.

15744684142364380396961340975560.jpg

If someone here has a clue whether or not this is natural, and how I should mitigate them, that would be a major help.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I luckily hadn’t had fraud issues (yet), but my bank has flagged legit purchases I made from Unionmade and TSM and disabled my cards on me before.
Did you go to jail?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mono-bag has been discussed at length. I think most of us here would prefer a bag for each shoe/boot. I know that one can order bags by including them.....but come on AE!
I commented earlier today that the mono-bag was news to me.
Seriously, how could that be? It’s been mentioned a bazillion times on here over the last year. Three different people responded and gave me the details. (I won’t call them out by name.)

I happen to like the pillowcase-sized bags. They’re a great fit for larger shoes. I just need two of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.