• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day off = bakery day. Out and about in Oxblood Macs with a stop for a lemon bar and strawberry tartlet. Always nice when your shoes match your dessert.

Attachments

• 20191122_163421.jpg
    20191122_163421.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20191122_135341.jpg
    20191122_135341.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that. I like that a lot. I think you're 100% on the money with this one.

W.O.W. Somebody turn down the heat, I'm sweating like a fat kid an a candy shop!!!!

Are those the trans brown edges? Those are off the charts.

Only one massive shoe bag? That's really disappointing; I am a huge AE fan and will always be thankful that my shoe illness began with AE. They're cheapening their product (I feel) by only including that one "sleeping bag" style bag for the shoes.

Alas, you have those chili shell Fifth Ave to catch your tears on.... Not a bad consolation prize... :worship2: Those are out of this world.

Yup, translucent brown edges. The chili shell is really stunning in person. I'm waiting on a pair of Color 4 Carminas that should be here in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see the two colors side by side.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Dublin McTavish? It’s on sale and I loves me that Dublin leather. Thinking about it.
Dublin McTavish are real, and they're spectacular. From the archives! First up, cognac. These are fire. I want more of this leather, would absolutely be ok if Chestnut was available instead. Second, what you're likely referring to, tan. This was actually my very first AE. Swoon.
DSC_3681-01.jpeg
IMG_20180117_165439.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you can compare the color with the Dark Chocolate Daltons that were discontinued. Totally missed out on them and I feel like maybe these are a good alternative, but I don’t know.

Short answer: hold out for the chocolate as far as color goes (i missed out on them too). If you want the weatherproof, order them in to the store and get hands-on before committing. :)

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, translucent brown edges. The chili shell is really stunning in person. I'm waiting on a pair of Color 4 Carminas that should be here in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see the two colors side by side.

Nice, very nice. I got trans edges too. It looks like one of those colors that just has to be see in person to be understood!!

Those look great. Brown shell next to it? It seems like the caps are actually the same length despite being different designs...

It looks the clicking has had a bit of a bad hair day in the first photo. That color is amazing on the boot though! :worship:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC RANT, OFF TOPIC RANT

So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Citibank, seems I have over $600 in charges on a Citi credit card that a) I haven't used in over 6 months and b) were for some tool company I have never heard of. The reason I'm posting this here is the last time I used that card, was to order a pair of AE's on the AE website. I'm not saying there is a connection, but it does seem odd to me. Citibank, by the way, has been awesome in stopping the card/issuing a replacement card/ sending the stuff to the fraud division and negating the bogus charges. I hope they can assist the police in tracking the SOB down and sending them to jail for life.
They don’t even try to catch anyone.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don’t even try to catch anyone.

This.

Rare exceptions are made in the instance that someone is attempting to use a physical card and not just buying stuff on the internet. I've had a debit card physically stolen off me, realized it within about 15 minutes, called, and they said "oh you're not buying $1500 worth of stuff at Lowe's?" lulz.

They got that miserable twat. I sure love Baltimore.

Reaction score
So, it's time for my bi-monthly/quarterly polish weekend for my shoes. While I'm definitely not using all of it, here's a pic of my collection of short care paraphernalia, as well as my two shoes on rotation, my black calf Warwicks and my TS19.2 Antique Cherry Strands.

15744682372087103010655070122236.jpg

Now, the main reason I'm posting, though, is because of these black marks on my Strands that I don't know what it is.

15744684142364380396961340975560.jpg

If someone here has a clue whether or not this is natural, and how I should mitigate them, that would be a major help.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I luckily hadn’t had fraud issues (yet), but my bank has flagged legit purchases I made from Unionmade and TSM and disabled my cards on me before.
Did you go to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics