• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a shipping notification for (what I believe are) my chili Strands. Should be here by next Tuesday!

Edit: or maybe not... taking a closer look it seems like the package is from the e-returns department. I returned a pair of "brown nubuck Strandmoks" because they literally sent me a Mackey belt instead of the shoe I wanted. Maybe instead of processing a refund they're sending me the Strandmoks?

I guess we'll find out...

Last edited:

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember guys the delivery time frame was supposed to be 8 to 12 weeks. We are still a bit off from 12. Be patient. I know I'm trying to be.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Well, my shoe collection has hit critical mass and I have to clear some room for incoming TS acquisitions. And so
the time has come the walrus said to thin the giant herd.

The items below do not get enough wear to justify the space they take up. I'm offering them first at low prices to SF
users. I have placed pics of these items in a series of posts in the
Semi-Official Allen Edmonds Buy, Sell, Trade Thread

MacGregor – Snuff suede / 9.5E / wears: 6-8 approx
$35 + $15 shipping in continental U.S.

***SOLD*** Fenway – brown / 9.5E / wears: 2 – BONUS added brown eyelets
$55 + $15 shipping in continental U.S.

Badlands – brown / 9.5E / wears: 4-6 approx

***SOLD*** Brooks MacNeil – chocolate suede / 9.5E / wears: 2

Dundee 2.0 – Navy suede / 9.5E / wears: 6-8 approx
$75 + $15 shipping in continental U.S.

Lake Bluff – walnut weave / 9 E / wears: 3

Shane – slate suede / 9.5D / wears: 3
$45 + $15 shipping

Last edited:

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have any recommendation for thicker socks?
Maybe? It would help to know what your baseline is. A lot of people like Chups and Darn Tough.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see that some items have an additional 20% off, like the Leeds 2.0 in tan grain, which is only $147 to begin with. How are they making any profit on this shoe if it's being sold for $117?
I purchased the Leeds @$147 and am very happy with it. As for margin, who knows, they may just be looking to clear out what's left at this point.
Boot week (wrapped around yesterday’s Florsheim vintage gunboats) continues.

Sunday. MTO Long Branches
Monday. Stock “golden brown” CXL LB’s
Tuesday. Sauk Drives (“russet” Dublin)

Thursday’s child, outdoors (with what I now see is an untied boot) and indoor with both tied.

View attachment 1279350 View attachment 1279351
Very nice. Is the color merlot?

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember guys the delivery time frame was supposed to be 8 to 12 weeks. We are still a bit off from 12. Be patient. I know I'm trying to be.
Put me in the camp of take 6 months just make them right with attention to detail. I don’t really know what other information people want other than shipping notifications.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly not sure what my baseline is. Basically if I looking to fill the gap between and E and D width if possible
Depending on your foot geometry, that could really be a lot of sock. I'm thinking something like the really thick boot socks I've seen at Boot Barn.

WithBBQSauce

Reaction score
My replacement pair of #8 shell PAs arrived. The vamp pieces still aren’t perfect (the stitching isn’t at the edge of the leather like it is on my calf PAs) but I can live with it. Two questions though:

1. the toe cap is actually a little concave near the stitching. I notice it pretty clearly when I wear them looking down at them. Is this normal for shell? My calfskin PAs don’t do this but I wasn’t sure if this happens because shell is stiffer.
2. Just walking around the house with them, I noticed where they bend in the vamp gets lighter. It’s almost like the finish is wearing off. Is this normal for shell? Is this the dreaded bloom?
I am attaching a picture. You can see the concave in the second picture, and the lightening I mention is toward the top of the photo on the vamp. I apologize for what might be noob questions but I’ve never owned shell before. You guys convinced me. ?

Attachments

• 68CFFEB6-BC65-4E77-8159-0E326480B9A9.jpeg
    68CFFEB6-BC65-4E77-8159-0E326480B9A9.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 0E29BF00-2CE0-4993-8799-368BDB29E62C.jpeg
    0E29BF00-2CE0-4993-8799-368BDB29E62C.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 24

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My replacement pair of #8 shell PAs arrived. The vamp pieces still aren’t perfect (the stitching isn’t at the edge of the leather like it is on my calf PAs) but I can live with it. Two questions though:

1. the toe cap is actually a little concave near the stitching. I notice it pretty clearly when I wear them looking down at them. Is this normal for shell? My calfskin PAs don’t do this but I wasn’t sure if this happens because shell is stiffer.
2. Just walking around the house with them, I noticed where they bend in the vamp gets lighter. It’s almost like the finish is wearing off. Is this normal for shell? Is this the dreaded bloom?
I am attaching a picture. You can see the concave in the second picture, and the lightening I mention is toward the top of the photo on the vamp. I apologize for what might be noob questions but I’ve never owned shell before. You guys convinced me. ?
I don't see any bloom myself there, but shell will often get a little lighter where the rolls are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads