• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, I have a pair of Daltons coming in. MDMA. Make Daltons Manly Again. We can do it!
are yours coming from the TS19.2 with a split reverse welt, or are they in their normal make-up?
I have never been offended by a woman telling me my car, shoes, clothes, whatever are cute. If she thinks yall have similar shoes, that's the same in my book. :p

Dang. Can't find it on the internet today, but there's a pic floating around of a woman wearing walnut Daltons with a skirt.

I don't find them overly feminine, but I do find the flat welt contrasting to the rest of the build. I feel the reverse fits the boot better than flat, just like the plain toe Aldens on commando I'm wearing today would be matched better to a reverse than the flat they came with.

Only woman I know who wore a Dalton did it to shoot geese.

Mine are also coming soon I hope—navy on split-reverse welt and buff edge

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. I have elected to start the week off strong, but that usually means I will not go in to the office tomorrow. Alligator Chesters back to the top of the rotation.

View attachment 1263632

View attachment 1263634

Those are power shoes.
Just fantastic!

Not if the rumors are true that they don’t have the tooling anymore. :(

That was the reason they were cut from TS19.2.

They went down with the ship, evidently

I did see them dropped from TS2, not sure what tooling they were talking about...
I'll hold onto hope for another crack at them someday.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, I have a pair of Daltons coming in. MDMA. Make Daltons Manly Again. We can do it!
Edit: Removed all political verbiage... :lookaround:
I actually have, and like both.
IMG_20191018_1125080.jpg
IMG_20190925_1019208.jpg

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
are yours coming from the TS19.2 with a split reverse welt, or are they in their normal make-up?
Just normal and in Coffee.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't find Daltons to be feminine at all, I would think loafers would be more feminine since they are closer to flats and Chelsea boots I've seen women wear. Can't say I remember a woman wearing any sort of brogue wear I work.
Well just slap me and call me Susan. I am fully loafered up.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well just slap me and call me Susan. I am fully loafered up.
However, you identify today my friend :D

A year ago I would have never owned loafers not because I thought they were feminine but because I felt they were for old men. I now own two and could see myself with more.

There are still a few styles I just don't care for like Chelsea boots, saddle shoes, Jodhpur boots that I can't see myself owning. On the flip side I really like double monks but some hate them so to each their own.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Now I know some here would disagree with pairing AE Stirlings with a db Suit, but then there is a certain fashion latitude allotted when you are 16 and doing a favor for your father. My youngest as he left to take his grandmother to church yesterday, allowing me to stay home and prepare family dinner. He picked out everything on the suit himself (Men's Wearhouse MTM), and I think he did well. He picked out the Stirlings on the RDA factory seconds sale (thanks @ae_ashley!), half size up so he can grow into (and likely out of) them.

Stirlings_25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads