• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for some serious spreadsheet action! Build a spreadsheet with ALL of your articles and get little RFID chips for everything so that anything that leaves the closet gets logged. Then you can build a macro that goes ahead and selects your clothes for the day based on wear history!

Hard core madhat but I like it

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know some of you have spreadsheets I've I ever get to 50 pairs maybe I will however that is not the plan.

I have entertained thoughts of a valet although I'd use the coat hanger more for a shirt but still... Completely unnecessary since I just hang the next day's clothes on the closet door but they do look cool.

00101_4qRCB2IZgPs_1200x900.jpg

If this was a quarter the cost I'd think about getting it.
I had one of those, years ago and it worked well, and I got mine at an estate sale for $7

darkclassic

Reaction score
I know some of you have spreadsheets I've I ever get to 50 pairs maybe I will however that is not the plan.

I have entertained thoughts of a valet although I'd use the coat hanger more for a shirt but still... Completely unnecessary since I just hang the next day's clothes on the closet door but they do look cool.

This simply will not do. There is no shelf for my top hat.. no hanger for my monocle. I say good day to you sir, GOOD. DAY.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is roughly where I'm at. No spreadsheet for # wears, etc, but I do lust after a valet. Last Christmas my sister bought me an antique hardwood one and I kindly thanked her and got her to return it and keep the money, as she had spent too much on it. I did keep the vintage bespoke camel hair jacket she thrifted to help display the valet, though. We had named the valet "Uncle Charlie" after Charlie Watts, His Sartorial Musical Genius.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is roughly where I'm at. No spreadsheet for # wears, etc, but I do lust after a valet. Last Christmas my sister bought me an antique hardwood one and I kindly thanked her and got her to return it and keep the money, as she had spent too much on it. I did keep the vintage bespoke camel hair jacket she thrifted to help display the valet, though. We had named the valet "Uncle Charlie" after Charlie Watts, His Sartorial Musical Genius.
She was willing to get it for you and you made her return it even though it was a well thought out gift? Sick burn!

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She was willing to get it for you and you made her return it even though it was a well thought out gift? Sick burn!

I know, horrible brother, eh?! It was a surprise gift, and I was touched, and intrigued, but just not sure how much I would use it, and therefore could not justify how much she spent. It was the thought that counted, and she was better with the money in her pocket.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got that one on order. Gonna try the Brave Stars next.
I joined as well, even though I know they will be about 4 inches too long. Couldn't pass up Cone Mills denim. I'm trying a slim fit with this one, not the straight fit. May look better with boots and the massive cuffs I know I will have to have on them.

pedarius

Reaction score
I have a valet--a gift from my wife years ago. At least in my experience, the idea is better than the reality. Only time I truly find it useful is when I have a 5:00 am flight to a place where I need to be wearing a suit on arrival. The rest of the time it just feels like an ostentatious extra step, and mine more often than not ends up just as the "lazy rack" for something I've taken off and don't want to hang up just yet.

Oh, and shoes to keep it relevant: my rainy day beater black Jeffersons from the RDA sale last fall...
5B2F464A-D3DE-44B5-A3BA-825964FA6084.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought my natty Dundee’s we’re looking a little ragged yesterday, so I put them through the works this morning: water brush, Reno, brush, deer bone, brush, saphir cordo cream, brush, paste wax the toe, buff.

Viola:

8C126FCD-E86A-4CCF-9590-D6B9B33E630F.jpeg
D1EA18E1-21CD-4414-8AF3-85E8F6AE8DC7.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a valet--a gift from my wife years ago. At least in my experience, the idea is better than the reality. Only time I truly find it useful is when I have a 5:00 am flight to a place where I need to be wearing a suit on arrival. The rest of the time it just feels like an ostentatious extra step, and mine more often than not ends up just as the "lazy rack" for something I've taken off and don't want to hang up just yet.

Oh, and shoes to keep it relevant: my rainy day beater black Jeffersons from the RDA sale last fall...
View attachment 1108899
You call it ostentatious (and I agree to some extent), I call it making an occasion of the mundane. Life's much better when things aren't mundane. It's kinda like taking the extra time to straight razor shave or brush your shell. I could very easily see it's use tapering after about a week of use in my house though.

shoenoobie

Reaction score
Casual Friday with non AE - Something I would love to see AE do more often.. - two tone with suede.
IMG_20190118_073227__01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads