• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried calling a different store? Besides save your discount for the trunk show.
I have utmost confidence in the SA I deal with. She's tops. She messaged me about the discount an hour or two ago. And will follow up with her.
But you make a good point about the trunk show, if it happens. Do you think it will happen?

drcharlie

Reaction score
They still have some jacked up prices on the bank and 20% off gets them about where they were with no discount. PA's and other's topped out a $249 for calf now they are $299 to a big $10 off.

Do another round of 40% and I'll pick up some like the Long Branch and Dublin Stirling.

Not seeing any values for me on Shoebank this time around.

On Dec 26, I picked up Brown McAllister seconds for 20% off $177 ($141.60 + tax). Perfect fit and seem like first-quality to me (not even a seconds stamp on the sole). I have figured out my best fit (65 last) and have enough shoes. I haven't stepped up to Shell (yet!). My purchasing habit now is to patiently wait for a deal so a pair doesn't cost much more than a recraft. So, I sort of set my upper limit at $150.

Around Labor Day, I got Bourbon Lexington in Dainite for a little over $100. Last summer, I picked up Bourbon Dalton boots for less than $150. For the Lexington's, a sales associate in Destin looked them over for me. The Dalton and McAllister purchases were "blind" purchases from the CAC. All three of these pairs seemed new and none of them had a seconds stamp on the heel. I am very happy with those gambles.

I love my well-fitting A.E.'s. I just don't know about their future, and I only see myself rarely buying new pairs when they cost about the same as a recraft.

If I could start over, knowing my perfect fit , then I would gladly trade all my purchases for a select group of shell shoes. Maybe just 4 pair of shell. Currently I have 11 pairs of calf that I will keep and four pairs that I am using as commuter shoes to wear out. In the past, I bought/sold/wore out about another dozen pairs just trying to figure out my ideal fit.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not AE related, but just got an email from Gustin, Cone Mills 14oz raw denim jeans for $68. Called the #259 American Fourteener. In case anyone here is looking for Cone Mills raw selvedge.
Got that one on order. Gonna try the Brave Stars next.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd walk across hot coals--in a Walker Brogue--for a crack at a black shell Dundee. Dynamite!

I'm wearing my suede Dundee 2.0s today. No pix, I've already posted them a couple times.
This shoe is one of my favorites. Fits great, very comfortable. And they are crowd pleasers. Already two complements on them today.

LOL thanks!! It was one of my sought after shoes and with my sizing change I got lucky. There is still another one out there in 11D if anyone wants it...

Desperate times call for desperate measures! I wish I could have more of them!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark brown Rutledges 2day:
OBvs0hA.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great looking boot. Are those the SM burgundy chinos?
Thanks! Not this time! :D I think they're Lands End cords? The SM burgundy looks much more muted/brown in comparison to these in person, or so I have justified myself.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to rotate most of my apparel. I don't group my pants and shirts by color I go by when it was worn last. The far right are my most recently worn and the far left are the oldest since last worn. I try to do something similar with my shoes and I'll either change my outfit or shoes depending on what has not seen the most recent usage. With shoes it depends on weather of course. It's why I really should look to only add non-leather soles for my next couple of pairs.

Obviously certain pairs get worn based on temperature, not wearing thin wool or linen pants in 10 degree weather or cords in summer. It's going to take another year or two to have a full winter/summer rotation for work clothes.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I try to rotate most of my apparel. I don't group my pants and shirts by color I go by when it was worn last. The far right are my most recently worn and the far left are the oldest since last worn. I try to do something similar with my shoes and I'll either change my outfit or shoes depending on what has not seen the most recent usage. With shoes it depends on weather of course. It's why I really should look to only add non-leather soles for my next couple of pairs.

Obviously certain pairs get worn based on temperature, not wearing thin wool or linen pants in 10 degree weather or cords in summer. It's going to take another year or two to have a full winter/summer rotation for work clothes.
I think it's time for some serious spreadsheet action! Build a spreadsheet with ALL of your articles and get little RFID chips for everything so that anything that leaves the closet gets logged. Then you can build a macro that goes ahead and selects your clothes for the day based on wear history!

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for some serious spreadsheet action! Build a spreadsheet with ALL of your articles and get little RFID chips for everything so that anything that leaves the closet gets logged. Then you can build a macro that goes ahead and selects your clothes for the day based on wear history!

I know some of you have spreadsheets I've I ever get to 50 pairs maybe I will however that is not the plan.

I have entertained thoughts of a valet although I'd use the coat hanger more for a shirt but still... Completely unnecessary since I just hang the next day's clothes on the closet door but they do look cool.

00101_4qRCB2IZgPs_1200x900.jpg

If this was a quarter the cost I'd think about getting it.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know some of you have spreadsheets I've I ever get to 50 pairs maybe I will however that is not the plan.

I have entertained thoughts of a valet although I'd use the coat hanger more for a shirt but still... Completely unnecessary since I just hang the next day's clothes on the closet door but they do look cool.

00101_4qRCB2IZgPs_1200x900.jpg

If this was a quarter the cost I'd think about getting it.
Heh, yeah, it'd be a bit crazy. I too have considered a valet but haven't pulled the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads