• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Struggling to find a shoe to wear today on hangover Tuesday. McTavish embodies my feelings of looking a little off but still having it.
View attachment 1190358

The Stirling version for me today
6CC952E1-6E21-42D1-A89E-BCEC4A41DFE1.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been wearing these 2-3 times a week since I received them. I was curious if wearing them that often would accelerate a patina. If so, I don’t see it. Maybe I would if I wore them for some walks outside in the sun.

View attachment 1190372
Wearing them 2-3 times a week will accelerate a patina, certainly more than wearing them 2-3 times a month or a year :) They look good!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looked at Buddy Jean website, the model that I would have bought, goes from 31 inch waist directly to a 39 inch waist, I'm a 35, so looks like I won't be getting any of them.
That's odd... IIRC, their website is a bit wonky, and their response to emails is iffy at best, but if you call, they're very helpful.

sicigpat

Reaction score

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what you said. Thanks! I owned the Clark Street in natural cxl, but I never could get the heel slippage to stop enough. My heels were coming completely out of the shoes when walking in public sometimes. It was a combination of a wide-ish heel, sturdy cxl leather and the smooth lining. I would end up tying the laces extremely tight, which wasn't all that comfortable for my instep. Also, the poron insole and Dainite combination wasn't all that comfortable in my pair. I sometimes think I just got a stinker pair, as they were the last pair in my size. I paid very little for them, so no big loss.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but the Lasalle was essentially made for Nordstrom. I don't think they still offer it anymore. I wish AE would combine the Delray with the poron of the Lasalle.

I needed to have a 108 try on session in order to respond to this. Curiously, I never really noted that the Clark Street had poron. I tried the Clark St. on one foot and Delray on the other, then swapped. The Delray is slightly roomier in the heel, but in neither I would say I have slip. I really like the fit of 108. It is interesting that you had those fit problems with your Clark St, but still wish to have the poron in the Delray, implying the Lasalle is a good fit. Maybe you did have a runt pair of Clark St.

One of these things is not like the other....

When I was looking up the Lasalle last number I did see that it was Nordstrom make up. Other notes:
- my brown Delray have black insoles and my black Delray have brown insoles.
- the CS Dainite/poron feels slightly harder on the heel strike than the classic build Delray.

Here is the family shot.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I needed to have a 108 try on session in order to respond to this. Curiously, I never really noted that the Clark Street had poron. I tried the Clark St. on one foot and Delray on the other, then swapped. The Delray is slightly roomier in the heel, but in neither I would say I have slip. I really like the fit of 108. It is interesting that you had those fit problems with your Clark St, but still wish to have the poron in the Delray, implying the Lasalle is a good fit. Maybe you did have a runt pair of Clark St.

One of these things is not like the other....
View attachment 1190409

When I was looking up the Lasalle last number I did see that it was Nordstrom make up. Other notes:
- my brown Delray have black insoles and my black Delray have brown insoles.
- the CS Dainite/poron feels slightly harder on the heel strike than the classic build Delray.

Here is the family shot.
View attachment 1190410
They're all great! I think I prefer the longer apron of the Clarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads