• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Day late and a dollar short thanks to business travel but I’ll be the lone vote for Strands over something plainer like the 5A or Park in midnight navy. Incredibly versatile shoe that ranges from black to bright blue depending on the lighting, and all that broguing really sets off the color nicely. Sorry, old pics are the best I can do:

View attachment 1190206 View attachment 1190207 View attachment 1190208

I sucked my thumb waiting for a 30% off clearance event and missed out on the midnight navy strands. I regret not pulling the trigger. I look at the PA, cornwallis and 5th Ave but I got navy shell cornwallis in the TS so I think any of those would be kind of duplicative

Really regret not picking up a pair of navy strands but I guess I'm going to have to wait for the next shell event

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday
20190610_094924.jpg

Tuesday
20190611_095802.jpg

Nails in the rubber of the heels on both.
I guess its shell week.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First World Problems, edition 5,220,138,631.32: I keep remembering more shoes that I've got on order! When will I be done with pre-orders?!?! I guess it really is a good thing I cleared out some, since I'm putting six back in. :/

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First World Problems, edition 5,220,138,631.32: I keep remembering more shoes that I've got on order! When will I be done with pre-orders?!?! I guess it really is a good thing I cleared out some, since I'm putting six back in. :/
Sounds like you have a tax deductible hobby.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're all great! I think I prefer the longer apron of the Clarks

I prefer the apron on the Clarks, but the toe on the Delray. ;) The Clarks don't need a long toe stitch to announce they are NSTs, because of the deviated stitching. The Delray, no the other hand, benefits from the long XY-plane toe since there is no colour to bring attention to the toe.

The brown Strands looking good with those pants. When you 'forget' what shoes you have on order that is 1st world, for sure! I smell the Alden queue...

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late post. Casual Friday and then the entire weekend spent in my Navy Maritimes. So comfy.
IMG_20190607_092104.jpg
IMG_20190608_133511.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190608133652628_COVER.jpg

Attachments

• 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190608133652628_COVER.jpg
    00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190608133652628_COVER.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 11

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Wings Week - Monday

Florsheim 97625 Kenmoor Handstained Brown.

Love the fit, feel and contrast stitching.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190610084811039_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190610093449762_COVER.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the apron on the Clarks, but the toe on the Delray. ;) The Clarks don't need a long toe stitch to announce they are NSTs, because of the deviated stitching. The Delray, no the other hand, benefits from the long XY-plane toe since there is no colour to bring attention to the toe.

The brown Strands looking good with those pants. When you 'forget' what shoes you have on order that is 1st world, for sure! I smell the Alden queue...
Both are good in their own way!

Thanks! Yeah, there's a few in there...
Cigar boot and slip on shell chukka arrive this week, but I've still got a Cassill loafer, a shell short wing, and a snuff Indy on leather TBD from Alden. Plus, that unlined rubi shell Carmina chukka...

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I needed to have a 108 try on session in order to respond to this. Curiously, I never really noted that the Clark Street had poron. I tried the Clark St. on one foot and Delray on the other, then swapped. The Delray is slightly roomier in the heel, but in neither I would say I have slip. I really like the fit of 108. It is interesting that you had those fit problems with your Clark St, but still wish to have the poron in the Delray, implying the Lasalle is a good fit. Maybe you did have a runt pair of Clark St.

One of these things is not like the other....
View attachment 1190409

When I was looking up the Lasalle last number I did see that it was Nordstrom make up. Other notes:
- my brown Delray have black insoles and my black Delray have brown insoles.
- the CS Dainite/poron feels slightly harder on the heel strike than the classic build Delray.

Here is the family shot.
View attachment 1190410

My Lasalle is a great fit in all areas. No heel slip, plenty of toe room, very comfortable when walking, etc. The poron in the Clark St. felt hard, but it might have had more to do with the red Dainite. Also, there's been others who have reported having major heel slip problems with the natural cxl Clark St. The best way I could explain it is that it's kind of like shell. When I wear my Cambridge shoes, I get a mild heel slip sometimes because the leather is so sturdy and heavy in the heel. The Clark St. had this problem on a magnified level. It might have also had to do with the 108 last having a wider heel than the 65. I was pretty sad to sell them, but I knew I wasn't going to keep wearing them.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Lasalle is a great fit in all areas. No heel slip, plenty of toe room, very comfortable when walking, etc. The poron in the Clark St. felt hard, but it might have had more to do with the red Dainite. Also, there's been others who have reported having major heel slip problems with the natural cxl Clark St. The best way I could explain it is that it's kind of like shell. When I wear my Cambridge shoes, I get a mild heel slip sometimes because the leather is so sturdy and heavy in the heel. The Clark St. had this problem on a magnified level. It might have also had to do with the 108 last having a wider heel than the 65. I was pretty sad to sell them, but I knew I wasn't going to keep wearing them.

If you love something, or it doesn't fit well, let it go. I wonder if it is down the the red Dainite. My Clarks feel very much like the HM underfoot - both CXL, poron, and black Dainite - FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads