• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickonthetree

Reaction score
Haha not acceptable it's a WAYWRN! I like those strands. Lighter than mine and look really nice. I need some selvedge in my life but getting jeans that fit me is really difficult. In order to fit across my thigh/butt I generally have to size like 1-2 waists up. I don't like the idea of getting the waist taken in with jeans but perhaps I need to just accept it.
What size do you wear? I'm a 42x32 in most things, a 40x32 in looser cut stuff. I'm 6'2-6'3 depending on how bad my back hurts that day lol. Run about 290-300lbs with luckily no gut or love handles to contend with.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoes4play

Reaction score

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I must say that this combination agrees with me completely. However this would be exactly the same type of thing that I would wear with my HMs.

Also, wearing some thick and not very stylish crew socks with them and the size seems better, but I'll have to walk around in them a bit more to complete my evaluation.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get some slim fitting 100% cotton 5-pocket cords to wear with my AE boots (trying to stay on topic)? Seems like my usual suspects are introducing some sort of synthetic fibers into their cords which I find highly disappointing.

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No advice from anyone?

Or it could be some opinions are right that posts about actual shoe issues and people asking for advice get lost with the 100's of post and pages of Non-shoe nonsense post.

I am sure someone will post something smart that has nothing to do with shoes or AE because of my post here. I joined this forum last year and it was mostly on point I agree lately half the content has nothing to do with shoes or AE and I see many post asking for help get buried behind post that belong on Facebook or Twitter not a forum for AE and shoe help and advice. The fact that no one posted advice to me and my post was quickly behind pages of non shoe content is proof this forum could be better with less non-shoe post.

Based on the post lately I am sure I will be crucified for asking that we get on topic. I know I and others have posted that logging in to see over 50+ post in the past several hours when half have nothing to do with shoes is getting old. I can go to Facebook or Twitter for that content.

This is truly not intended as a smack, but re-read your post as if it wasn't yours: I don't think it was lost in the "noise" or banter. Your request for advice is buried in the middle of a fairly lengthy post. My guess is that muted response to a somewhat ambiguous question to begin with, further muddled by the lack of knowledge of how the MassDrop dimension affects AE's normal service policies.

So - two pieces of advice:
On posting: finish your posts with your question/request for advice, don't bury it.

On the shoes: I'd keep them if you like them other than that and see if a cobbler can pull the heels and re-attach the same ones with some additional glue in that area. I noticed the same thing on my Academys, but unless it is progressive I'm not going to worry about it.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What size do you wear? I'm a 42x32 in most things, a 40x32 in looser cut stuff. I'm 6'2-6'3 depending on how bad my back hurts that day lol. Run about 290-300lbs with luckily no gut or love handles to contend with.

Well I should be 32x30/31 depending on the maker for length. My problem is unless it is a stretch fit I have to size up and do something about the waist. That or just have giant baggy legs beyond the knees. I don't like stretchy skinny jeans looks like spandex and I'm super skinny to make that look work. I'm 182 lbs as of yesterday and while I could probably cut some fat off, my legs and hips don't hold much so sorta up the creek. I've heard there is something like barbell apparel or barbell jeans that makes decent fitting ones but no selvedge.

Middlife

Reaction score
Casual Loden Dundee Friday. I'm always intrigued by the color variation based on lighting.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you found an appropriately dressy navy belt to wear with these, or are you just going with black or dark brown (or something else)?

Beautiful shoes!

Went with black. I'm not super anal about belt matching. I do it when I can, but I don't worry about if I can't. I do think AE should have made some midnight navy Manistee's available when they released these, though I don't think I would have sprung for them.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I should be 32x30/31 depending on the maker for length. My problem is unless it is a stretch fit I have to size up and do something about the waist. That or just have giant baggy legs beyond the knees. I don't like stretchy skinny jeans looks like spandex and I'm super skinny to make that look work. I'm 182 lbs as of yesterday and while I could probably cut some fat off, my legs and hips don't hold much so sorta up the creek. I've heard there is something like barbell apparel or barbell jeans that makes decent fitting ones but no selvedge.

Have you tried Levis Commuter line? They have a gusset in the crotch which IMO gives a looser fit without being too baggy. They're not selvedge, but Levis are still pretty good value in terms of quality. They have some features which I do not find appealing. Like a bike-lock holder loop in the waist (suppose it can be removed), and a faux selvedge reflector strips (not an issue unless you cuff).

I own a pair and I like them, but I can find things that fit me and are actual selvedge. Not all retailers carry them, but I've found them at Macy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questionsgems