• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANJ

Reaction score
Ah, got it. Ok thanks. I'm pretty much a chinos/OCBD or washed button down for work, so the Sanford seems to work pretty well. I don't find much need for a bal, so it's hard to find stuff in the AE collection that I like. The Strands and such all look great, but I don't need the formality.
My work wear is pretty much what you describe in this post and I wear merlot strands about once a week--they look nice. You don't need oxfords, but you certainly can wear them. That said, I do think overall bluchers look better with what I tend to wear. As someone else noted, AE has their share of bluchers, including the very tasty-looking Boulevard.

Shiner

Reaction score
Blue Cornwallis still in my size on the bank. Thinking about wearing blue on one foot and red on the other foot. I think I can make it work.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked about these snuff Dundees, and I know I would feel bad if I had let them go at $177. They must have been tried on or returned because they were laced up. Don't see any obvious flaws yet. First fitting later tonight. Hopefully no surprises.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah I'm an E. Really wish I was a D.

As it is, I can fit a D width in Trubalance because it's so roomy, but all other Alden lasts I would need an E. I've also found that the UK E for C&J's 325 last is only slightly snug, but definitely not too narrow to work.

I'd probably have exclusively Alden and C&J if I was a D!

Sorry all for non-AE question. What size do you have in CJ 325? What other sizes do you take in Alden/AE lasts? I am very interested in CJ Lindrick GMTO, but I am not sure if I can get a good fit with my C width feet.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry all for non-AE question. What size do you have in CJ 325? What other sizes do you take in Alden/AE lasts? I am very interested in CJ Lindrick GMTO, but I am not sure if I can get a good fit with my C width feet.

No worries.

I'm a ~8.5E on the Brannock.

8D Trubalance (Alden Indy Boot)
8.5E in most AE shoes
7.5E UK in C&J 325 --> would fit a little better if it was a hair shorter in the toebox and a hair wider in the midfoot/toebox, but it works

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries.

I'm a ~8.5E on the Brannock.

8D Trubalance (Alden Indy Boot)
8.5E in most AE shoes
7.5E UK in C&J 325 --> would fit a little better if it was a hair shorter in the toebox and a hair wider in the midfoot/toebox, but it works
Thank you!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple questions of personal preference. How many days do you prefer to wait before repeating a given outfit or individual article? Do you have any rules of thumb you follow for shoes, pants, shirts or entire outfits?

I try not to wear the same article of clothing, pants or shirts at least, two consecutive weeks. Shoes I will break that rule depending on weather, my daily fancies, etc. And I try to go as long as possible between repeating the same exact entire outfit. Sometimes, though, I like some pieces more than others so all of that gets tossed out the window.
I set my limit at a week. As long as I haven't worn it in the past week I'm fine. Though, I try to get a full rotation of my shoes (and have as many dress shirts and bow ties) so it could be anywhere from two weeks to many months between EXACT outfit matches.
New peices usually get a higher rotation for three or so wears. I've been stress eating lately, so a few of my pants are pretty well out of rotation right now throwing some of my variety out the window.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20170923_205359.png

For some reason this is shipping from Freeport, ME. *shrug*

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the old Strandmok in black? The one with the black welt and the blue interior. I've been eyeing them for a while to replace my grossly oversized badlands, and a pair has popped up on the bay. I believe they have poron - would sizing up half a size from my normal 5 last size do the trick? In essence, they'd be in my "tts".

I own the Strandmok in olive. Because it is mostly unlined, it fits roomier than most of my shoes. I bought it in the same size as my Park Aves (because that's all that was available), but I would have been better off with 1/2 size down. My size works pretty good, but the V is almost completely closed, which is not what I personally want. So in short, I do not recommend sizing up in the Strandmok. If anything, keep the same size as your Strand or size down 1/2 size.

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The recent rate of acquisition is unsustainable long term. And if I know myself, and I think I do by now, this fire will burn out before then and I'll have moved on to something else that will test my wife's love for me and mental fortitude.
Trust me when I say this: Don't take an interest in photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads