• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are costs equal?

Are the Leeds unlined?
I would acquire the CM Leeds as seconds from one of the outlets. The Nordstrom shoes would be first quality ordered online.

I believe the Leeds are lined, but I am not 100% sure. Assumption is yes since they are being sold by CM as dress shoes.

Last edited:

tkebh979

Reaction score
I would acquire the CM Leeds as seconds from one of the outlets. The Nordstrom shoes would be first quality ordered online.

I believe the Leeds are lined, but I am not 100% sure. Assumption is yes since they are being sold by CM as dress shoes.
Got it... I find myself wanting an unlined PTB, as I really really like my unlined CF Stead Mojave 2.0's.. but want my anklesl to breathe in the south Texas heat.

And I don't want to go to Alden to get it, if I can. :)

DustinM

Reaction score
Should I be concerned about the heel on my Academys? They've been worn 5 or 6 times.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice find, @Newberry . I swung by my NR today also. Went through 8-11 and only saw 1 AE. A loden USA made Sea Island in 9D for $150.

Picked up really light walnut belt that will tide me over until I find an affordable natty cxl belt that I like. Also grabbed what I thought was snuff suede belt, but when getting home realized it is a little darker. I can make it work, especially with my Fullertons... until I scoop something in bitter chocolate. ~$20 out the door for both.

Funny thing, I went for shoe tress... and totally forgot. ~$13/pair seems like the best deal going now that JAB is doing B1G3 anymore, right?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time to solicit your opinions once again. Let's play "What Shoe Should I Buy?"

As a reminder... here is the existing fleet.

While I am very sure that I still want them, I was pretty convinced that I want the Club Monaco Suede Leeds (in what CM calls "Sand").

For reference:

But, now I've been tempted by the sale price on the Nordstrom-exclusive Neumok in Acorn Hilfire.

For reference...

Cost being equal here, the decision must be made on other factors... factors such as fit, functionality, etc.

Without drawing out the question, what do you think would make the most sense as a next purchase knowing that I dig them both and might miss out on one while my slush fund replenishes itself after having purchased the other?

The CM would give you a PTB, which you do not have, and the most causal shoe in the collection. The Neumock would be the fifth wingtip in your collection, but you clearly like that style. I would personally go with the CM for the diversity. My father in law would say go with the Neumock "because it looks like more money."

Last edited:

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How are costs equal?

Are the Leeds unlined?

1) I wouldn't recommended either one. You already have 4 wingtip blutcher, and some are in similar color than the Neumok. 2) You already have the suede Fulton (spelling?), so suede Leeds is unnecessary in my opinion. Look into a monk a strap, and depending on what climate you live in, might be worth getting some loafer and boots.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to solicit your opinions once again. Let's play "What Shoe Should I Buy?"

As a reminder... here is the existing fleet.

While I am very sure that I still want them, I was pretty convinced that I want the Club Monaco Suede Leeds (in what CM calls "Sand").

For reference:

But, now I've been tempted by the sale price on the Nordstrom-exclusive Neumok in Acorn Hilfire.

For reference...

Cost being equal here, the decision must be made on other factors... factors such as fit, functionality, etc.

Without drawing out the question, what do you think would make the most sense as a next purchase knowing that I dig them both and might miss out on one while my slush fund replenishes itself after having purchased the other?

I'm not sure you can go wrong so to speak as long as you can find the CM outlet with your size that isn't riddled with defects. Those neumoks from Nordstrom are on sale seemingly every time I look at their website FWIW....

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should I be concerned about the heel on my Academys? They've been worn 5 or 6 times.

Most of the time this is not a structural issue and the heel stays on. Oddly, I have noticed this type of separation in numerous photos and in my own collection. There have been others on the forum where the heel did get worse and they were always about to send AE photos and they were repaired. I would bet that it does not get worse.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut Black Hills while working from home and running errands. These are usually reserved for foul weather casual, but nice and sunny today.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@cc808314 Look at you Mr. Bossy
1f609.png
. On a more serious note, I also don't care for danite - you know me, id wear iron blocks if they made em - and the Higgins danite was outstanding - I practically lived in those things while I was in ca

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doc, what about some of those disposable crime scene booties like they seem to have in OR's and detective shows?

Certainly a good thought, and something I'm considering. The bigger issue at play is whether I end up wearing scrubs all day or continue wearing my usual chinos + button down shirt +/- white coat. The procedures I do during the day aren't usually terribly messy, although there is a possibility for an errand squirt of blood to end up on my shirt. So, if I were to be wearing scrubs all day, I would usually pair them with a pair of sneakers/running shoes. It may look a little silly and be somewhat pointless to wear nicer dress shoes with the scrubs, and then cover them when necessary.

It really wouldn't be the end of the world to continue wearing what I normally wear, and in that case I may do the booties thing. The other docs in my group and to wear scrubs most days, even the ones who only see patients in clinic. I've never been A huge proponent of wearing scrubs except when in the operating room. I find it more professional to dress in business/business casual clothing, maybe out of respect for the patients.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is just a convenient way for you to start up a good, casual CXL rotation. Blood and gore and all that other nasty stuff should just slide right off of it. Seriously, CXL resiliency has gotten me out of several sticky situations.

It's either this, or you need to invest in a number of pairs of Swims. Personally, I'd go the CXL route, but I don't want to deny any fellow barnweasel a rubber shoe fetish. 

And, while we're on the topic of scrubs and shoes, please don't take my podiatrist's look. I had to see him because I had an irritated nerve on the top of my foot and he was trying to push me in the realm of wearing Danskos (my wife's favorite shoe) as he wears them with his scrubs in his office. I try not to judge footwear too much because we all have different style things that we give a crap about. But, yeah, there's no way I was going with man-clogs for regular wear. None.

I've always hated Danskos. Doubly so when people try to pair them with their clinic business casual wardrobe (as if we won't notice they're ugly clogs I was miserable existence should be limited to the operating room if at all).

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
According to my friends, the physician's uniform is khaki or tan chinos, a blue ran Lauren button-down, and a red tie under a lab coat.

Certainly a good thought, and something I'm considering. The bigger issue at play is whether I end up wearing scrubs all day or continue wearing my usual chinos + button down shirt +/- white coat. The procedures I do during the day aren't usually terribly messy, although there is a possibility for an errand squirt of blood to end up on my shirt. So, if I were to be wearing scrubs all day, I would usually pair them with a pair of sneakers/running shoes. It may look a little silly and be somewhat pointless to wear nicer dress shoes with the scrubs, and then cover them when necessary.

It really wouldn't be the end of the world to continue wearing what I normally wear, and in that case I may do the booties thing. The other docs in my group and to wear scrubs most days, even the ones who only see patients in clinic. I've never been A huge proponent of wearing scrubs except when in the operating room. I find it more professional to dress in business/business casual clothing, maybe out of respect for the patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads