• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the advice, gents. I suppose I will find a speciality shop here in NYC to get fitted properly and buy from there.

Rather excited to be able to run again. It's been 3 years. Finally got the OK from my doctor and physical therapist. :)

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peppercorn78 I have a ton of trouble in this area still - I vote for 993s (heavy still) or brooks. NOT the sojourner even if the price drops to a penny.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Not to quote myself, but I should specify: they are McNeil 1.0s and are selling for $97.

I wonder if the size 15 McNeils in the ShoeBank are the ones I returned a couple of weeks ago? If so, I bought them as firsts, and returned them without wearing them outdoors, so they would be in great condition of anybody out there is in the market.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day for these. Wearing Dainite soles for the first time, and they are a son of a gun. Hopefully they get better as I break them in. Have good day everyone!

I totally understand. While Dainite is very supportive, which is great, it's also pretty rough. I once went walking for an entire day in my Clarks and it was rough on my feet a bit. No serious pain, but enough to make me realize that Dainite isn't really designed for that. Still, it's better than a super soft sole. When it comes time to recraft, I'm probably going to choose some type of leather sole. Dainite I think is much better suited for boots.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I totally understand.  While Dainite is very supportive, which is great, it's also pretty rough.  I once went walking for an entire day in my Clarks and it was rough on my feet a bit.  No serious pain, but enough to make me realize that Dainite isn't really designed for that. Still, it's better than a super soft sole.  When it comes time to recraft, I'm probably going to choose some type of leather sole.  Dainite I think is much better suited for boots.

My feet must be weird lol- I have 2 shoes on Dainite (1776's and Strands), and neither has ever been uncomfortable for me.

JLC2

Reaction score
Taking my natty HM's on their maiden voyage - flight from yyz to yvr. Walnut Strands are in the bag.

a04476db7062c9000d567de70cf80b92.jpg

tkebh979

Reaction score
cdd681229128d58832f5f3ba123753fd.jpg

Maiden AE shell voyage. Would properly christen, but champagne bottles are hard and just think of all the water dimples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danwatts2005

Reaction score
cdd681229128d58832f5f3ba123753fd.jpg

Maiden AE shell voyage. Would properly christen, but champagne bottles are hard and just think of all the water dimples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to mention wasting the champagne.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's Throwback Thursday (c) which called for black Saddlehorn leather, PTB Fultons with Othello soles, exposed eyelets, padded insole and contrast stitching. The three leaves on the ground represent all of the "fall" Los Angeles will receive.

Newberry

Reaction score

Wow! Found a pair of Mojave chukkas at the Rack in my size for $70. To bad I already have my Gobis that look similar
1f615.png

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My feet must be weird lol- I have 2 shoes on Dainite (1776's and Strands), and neither has ever been uncomfortable for me.

I pretty much distroyed both of my feet when I used to play soccer. The Dainite soles are really pushing in the wrong spots, but they have already gotten better in half a day that I have had them on. Nevertheless, I still prefer harder soles to the soft gumlite-type soles.

I better get used to them, as I have the HM and First Ave boots waiting for the cooler weather.

Last edited:

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to solicit your opinions once again. Let's play "What Shoe Should I Buy?"

As a reminder... here is the existing fleet.

While I am very sure that I still want them, I was pretty convinced that I want the Club Monaco Suede Leeds (in what CM calls "Sand").

For reference:

But, now I've been tempted by the sale price on the Nordstrom-exclusive Neumok in Acorn Hilfire.

For reference...

Cost being equal here, the decision must be made on other factors... factors such as fit, functionality, etc.

Without drawing out the question, what do you think would make the most sense as a next purchase knowing that I dig them both and might miss out on one while my slush fund replenishes itself after having purchased the other?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Time to solicit your opinions once again. Let's play "What Shoe Should I Buy?" As a reminder... here is the existing fleet. While I am very sure that I still want them, I was pretty convinced that I want the Club Monaco Suede Leeds (in what CM calls "Sand"). For reference: But, now I've been tempted by the sale price on the Nordstrom-exclusive Neumok in Acorn Hilfire. For reference... Cost being equal here, the decision must be made on other factors... factors such as fit, functionality, etc. Without drawing out the question, what do you think would make the most sense as a next purchase knowing that I dig them both and might miss out on one while my slush fund replenishes itself after having purchased the other?
Personal opinion is the Acorn Hillfore Neumok. Much as I'm not a fan of the new colors AE came out with this season, I really, really like the AH

tkebh979

Reaction score
Time to solicit your opinions once again. Let's play "What Shoe Should I Buy?"

As a reminder... here is the existing fleet.

While I am very sure that I still want them, I was pretty convinced that I want the Club Monaco Suede Leeds (in what CM calls "Sand").

For reference:

But, now I've been tempted by the sale price on the Nordstrom-exclusive Neumok in Acorn Hilfire.

For reference...

Cost being equal here, the decision must be made on other factors... factors such as fit, functionality, etc.

Without drawing out the question, what do you think would make the most sense as a next purchase knowing that I dig them both and might miss out on one while my slush fund replenishes itself after having purchased the other?

How are costs equal?

Are the Leeds unlined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads