• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mingus2112 Wow someone other than me who loves a good bit loafer....the Verona uses an incredibly thin sole. Nothing wrong with that per say, but it exposes much more of the toe box to damage than with a standard single oak. For that reason id probably stay away from a worn pair. The Firenze could go either way - the sole is quite soft so with super extended wear I could see that becoming an issue. If you find luccas id totally get them - the mini-lug really holds up and doesn't change the "look" of the Verona too much. The arezzo is weird - much wider/looser all around. I'm anxiously waiting for them to come out with others, as these have been around for a while now. I totally wish they still had the guidare - the drivers out there are so much more bland/mediocre.

As far as others, the bates was pretty bad. The concord ave fit is really tough for me but the shoe itself is so-so. I missed the st Thomas because I'm an idiot. Yeah, anything produced on the "firenze" last I literally can't wear - in the smallest size (7d) I was walking out if them.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How excited are you guys that I can bring you on my golf adventures now?? I've always been a black golf shoe guy and just recently spike less, AE has two models that fit the bill. They look like Rogues but the Bearpath in black today.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Down at the hospital to meet the new grandson.

Ugly floors; better shoes.

eagleman

Reaction score

How excited are you guys that I can bring you on my golf adventures now?? I've always been a black golf shoe guy and just recently spike less, AE has two models that fit the bill. They look like Rogues but the Bearpath in black today.

Must be nice to play on a Monday morning. Hit them straight and keep them in the short grass.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A Merlot Monday installment of "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes." Third outing for these Strands. Love the style, LOVE the color, luke warm on the fit. They close up nicely but kind of roomy up front. One day, I'll find the perfect shoe.

FaRKle

Reaction score
Went by the new Palo Alto store yesterday and it looks like a promising location! Foot traffic was busier than most of the other stores I've been to. The staff were all friendly, and also all much younger than the rest of the stores in the Bay Area. That said, I didn't find their service or knowledge lacking at all. I think this location will do well with the popularity of the Stanford shopping mall and the affluence of the area. I should've asked to see how many of the smaller and wider sizes they carry since it's a very popular destination for Asian tourists (the Asian tour buses visit this mall). The only thing that surprised me, was this was the first location I've visited where nobody gave me their business card.

Also, the shell MTO upcharge is $110 $125 (that's what I paid).

EDIT: My SA called me back and said he got the shell MTO fee wrong, and that it is $125
angry.gif

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went by the new Palo Alto store yesterday and it looks like a promising location! Foot traffic was busier than most of the other stores I've been to. The staff were all friendly, and also all much younger than the rest of the stores in the Bay Area. That said, I didn't find their service or knowledge lacking at all. I think this location will do well with the popularity of the Stanford shopping mall and the affluence of the area. I should've asked to see how many of the smaller and wider sizes they carry since it's a very popular destination for Asian tourists (the Asian tour buses visit this mall). The only thing that surprised me, was this was the first location I've visited where nobody gave me their business card.

Also, the shell MTO upcharge is $110 (that's what I paid).

Shell what??? Don't make us wait.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Must be nice to play on a Monday morning. Hit them straight and keep them in the short grass.

I'm Tues thru Sat work schedule. Mondays free to golf is a godsend

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FaRKle I'll be visiting that store in a couple weeks - definitely interested to know about small sizes if you do find out.

FaRKle

Reaction score
@FaRKle I'll be visiting that store in a couple weeks - definitely interested to know about small sizes if you do find out.

I don't think I'll be physically there for a while (I'm closer to the Walnut Creek store, and have a good relationship with the SF Sutter St. store), but I did hear today that AE is trying to get more sizes in certain stores for better test fits. I know the Park Ave is one of those shoes they're planning on carrying in more sizes.

Last edited:

blue123

Reaction score
I just picked up some Stands on sale. They really hurt the balls of my feet. I tried putting superfeet in them to see how it goes. Just wanted to see if this was normal? My aldens are super comfortable right out of the box. Not too sure about AEs. I would hate to have to return these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics