• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning/afternoon Rich was golfing, evening Rich is going out on the town with Oak Streets in natty cxl

bobbler

Reaction score
He was gesticulating wildly and yelling about how he needs go down in both size and width because there is just too much room "from the top to the bottom, to the middle, to the side!"

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I have trouble fitting the Strand as well - while I do fairly well on other 5-last shoes, the Strand is cut very tightly. I'm fully a D-width and have a high instep, and I'm guessing the combination of those things means trouble for me. I didn't have break-in problems so much as consistent tightness. What do you wear in Aldens (last/size/) and what did you buy in the Strand?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember BCF? Picked these up yesterday. No model name, but I think they're South Shores. They were the only AEs on the racks I'm pretty sure. Got a super deal. First time trying this zanzar sole. Feels solid. The leather is a little striped, but it's all good. I plan to beat these up.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just saw Rudy Giuliani at the AE 6th Ave store.

Great that he buys AEs!

Also, did you get his autograph?

Edited for topical relevance.

Last edited:

LeeMerrill

Reaction score
Grabbed pairs number 11 and 12 of Allen Edmonds. Got them for $100 each from Dabondo1. I ended up being pretty happy with the Dalton's I grabbed from him a few weeks ago. So hopefully these also fit the bill!

blue123

Reaction score
Quote:
For Alden I wear a 9.5D for Aberdeen last and 9D for Barrie Last which both fit perfectly. The stand I tried the 9D which fit perfect but did not allow room for insert. I tried the 9.5 which hurt the top of my foot with insert. The pair above is a 9E, which is still causing the same problem with the insert. I just ordered a different one on amazon. If it doesn't work I sadly have to send these guys back to the store...

LeeMerrill

Reaction score
@Lobster33 I am pretty sure the PA's are virtually brand new from the sole photo and the Strands look to also be very new with only minor creasing and very minor sole wear. My guess just from the photos is that these were both fit issue that were worn outside. Both were listed for $189.00. I watched them get relisted 3 times before offering 100. I'll put some photos up when I get them.

Newberry

Reaction score

I just picked up some Stands on sale. They really hurt the balls of my feet. I tried putting superfeet in them to see how it goes. Just wanted to see if this was normal? My aldens are super comfortable right out of the box. Not too sure about AEs. I would hate to have to return these guys.
Funny thing. I once had a pair of Strands that hurt the balls of my feet real bad too. It honestly felt like I was walking barefoot on top of cement. People kept telling me that I just had to get use to the brand. I knew that wasn't the problem because I bought my Park Avenues before and those felt comfortable. I got the Strands exchanged for another pair, same size and same width, and the new pair felt so much comfortable. 10x better! I don't know why the other pair was uncomfortable. I would exchange them if I were you...

blue123

Reaction score
Funny thing. I once had a pair of Strands that hurt the balls of my feet real bad too. It honestly felt like I was walking barefoot on top of cement. People kept telling me that I just had to get use to the brand. I knew that wasn't the problem because I bought my Park Avenues before and those felt comfortable. I got the Strands exchanged for another pair, same size and same width, and the new pair felt so much comfortable. 10x better! I don't know why the other pair was uncomfortable. I would exchange them if I were you...

I'm not sure about that, since I also bought some PA's five years or so back and I remember I had the same problem with the balls of my feet. I exchanged them and same thing. I ended up returning them. Maybe something with AE shoes and me that just doesn't mesh well. My friend has the same shoe I do and says they feel like he's walking on feathers. So I'm not sure if it is my flat feet or not. Every insert I try makes my feet rub up against the top of the shoe and it feels just as bad.

Newberry

Reaction score

I'm not sure about that, since I also bought some PA's five years or so back and I remember I had the same problem with the balls of my feet.  I exchanged them and same thing.  I ended up returning them.  Maybe something with AE shoes and me that just doesn't mesh well.  My friend has the same shoe I do and says they feel like he's walking on feathers.  So I'm not sure if it is my flat feet or not.  Every insert I try makes my feet rub up against the top of the shoe and it feels just as bad.

Damn then I'm not sure. Or could just be a sizing issue.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He was gesticulating wildly and yelling about how he needs go down in both size and width because there is just too much room "from the top to the bottom, to the middle, to the side!"

I'm so bummed I didn't think of this. I doff my hat to you sir/

blue123

Reaction score
Well 9d fits me perfectly but I need an insert so I have to change the size. What's odd is I wear many different shoes with leather soles and have no issues. Very bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads