• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newberry

Reaction score
No more Rogues in my size. Oh well. I'll jst wait patiently until another good deal pops up for a casual cap toe.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think I could ever see myself wearing the Walton, Ashton, ORD, or Voyager.

I agree that Voyager is very odd looking.  

And just so we aren't negative, What us your favorite Allen Edmonds shoe?

Odd-looking sure. But super comfortable and more than up to heavy playground and neighborhood duty with the kids.

Middlife

Reaction score

Middlife

Reaction score
Odd-looking sure. But super comfortable and more than up to heavy playground and neighborhood duty with the kids.

They actually don't look anywhere near to as bad as I had imagined!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's one of my first checks after a night out if I wore AEs. Assess the scuff damage. I would agree with polish. There was a weird bar under a table I sat at last week when wearing my bourbon and had a scuff in a similar place. Used small amount of brown creme and light buff and it's totally blended. Long term I'm still figuring out what to use on bourbon...

I use the AE bourbon cream polish and it seems to work well for me. There is a small amour of abrasion on the heel counter, but I'll attack it with leather lotion and polish tomorrow and see what happens.

BillyMcGee

Reaction score
Deal alert! Not sure if this has been posted already, but 6pm.com has the rarely discounted Dark Chili Rogue in limited sizes for $157.99. This site has been known to change prices very frequently, so don't hesitate if you've been looking at grabbing a chili Rogue.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Deal alert! Not sure if this has been posted already, but 6pm.com has the rarely discounted Dark Chili Rogue in limited sizes for $157.99. This site has been known to change prices very frequently, so don't hesitate if you've been looking at grabbing a chili Rogue.

I was actually relieved they didn't have 11.5D... ;)

LeeMerrill

Reaction score
Perhaps my most filthy barn weasel move to date:
Was not prepared for the potential after work rain storm and did not want to get my chili mcgregors wet especially on only my 4th wear:

Go to the State Street Nordstrom rack around the corner from my office to buy casual shoes for the storm. Buy acorn hill fire neumoks for $97 after tax. Rain only happens in the suburbs make it home with the mcgregors unrained on and the new acorn hill fires not devirginized in a maelstrom.

New neumoks at home:

Sigh, I guess I needed my 5th pair of Allen Edmonds in 5 weeks. An unlined casual wingtip that I could wear without socks and out to bars seems like a good shoe to own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads