• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutter736

Reaction score
That's cool. I picked up a pair of Yorks on eBay last year and absolutely love them. I was told by a rep at AE that these are about 10 years old. She couldn't pinpoint it for sure. I did some looking back through all the old AE digital catalogs and was able to figure out when they stopped appearing in them, but now I can't recall exactly which year that was.

EDIT--Just took another look at the catalogs. Last one it appeared in was 2003 (https://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/fall-2003-catalog).

Bernie

Thanks Bernie! I figure they are on the 4 last best I can tell (I have several others on that last and it fits me pretty well). That catalog is awesome! I love looking at the old ones. The Glasgow's have a loose heel, but that should be easy enough to fix. Other than that, they are in desperate need of a polish, but in excellent shape.

styleaudit91

Reaction score

Here are best I could do for pics. There's a pretty flat part on the toe of one shoe, that extends towards the top of the sole (it's not just on the bottome), and a pretty decent indentation on the side of sole on the other. There's another small splotch of color towards to back on the leather, as well. Yea I would keep. The laces will indent the tounge in a day anyways. Unless it's unsightly when laced. I understand wanting perfection, especially on your first firsts. But there will always be small unique things on any hand made shoes you buy.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't post any pictures at the moment but I just received my Brown Shell Strands from shoebank and they are in perfect condition. I cannot find a flaw. They are in the best condition of any shoes I've received first or seconds. Unless there is something glaring when I put them on my feet these will have been the ultimate steal.

Jackboot

Reaction score

Can't post any pictures at the moment but I just received my Brown Shell Strands from shoebank and they are in perfect condition. I cannot find a flaw. They are in the best condition of any shoes I've received first or seconds. Unless there is something glaring when I put them on my feet these will have been the ultimate steal. 

Any chance that you are the gent that scooped the 11Ds?

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok apologies for the quick picture, socks aren't pulled up etc but these are the shells. I while taking the picture I noticed 1 stitch a little but off on the welt but I'm keeping these. That isn't how I will be lacing them either but they were that way in the box and I was trying to make it quick.

HoldenMI

Reaction score
No, but that's because it's always warm where I live.

I've come to realize that I much prefer single leather soles to double. When it comes time to recraft my Leeds, I'm going with the single.

I also got bashed yesterday by a few friends for posting this pic of my Park Aves with the light blue socks. Apparently that's a no no with fashion. I thought it looked fine, but many people have stated this is not proper. Still learning about socks and fashion..
You should wear whatever socks you want. If you're wearing blue pants, a lighter blue sock is totally cool.

HoldenMI

Reaction score
Just got my black shell cordovan Leeds from Paramus. (Kudos to Paramus for good service and quick shipping...Fedex screwed up and delivered them 3 days later than the initial delivery date.) A few minor imperfections on this seconds pair, but nothing major. They look good and fit well, but the lacing gap is a little narrow. (I need instep implants, haha...)

Can anyone tell me if shell cordovan stretches more or less than calf? If it stretches less, they're definite keepers. Thanks!

Last edited:

gm928

Reaction score
Just got my black shell cordovan Leeds from Paramus. (Kudos to Paramus for good service and quick shipping...Fedex screwed up and delivered them 3 days later than the initial delivery date.) A few minor imperfections on this seconds pair, but nothing major. They look good and fit well, but the lacing gap is a little narrow. (I need instep implants, haha...)

Can anyone tell me if shell cordovan stretches more or less than calf? If it stretches less, they're definite keepers. Thanks!

Shell definitely stretches less than calf -- it pretty much doesn't stretch at all. But your foot will still gradually settle into the cork of the footbed, so they'll probably feel a little bit looser after some time.

HoldenMI

Reaction score
Shell definitely stretches less than calf -- it pretty much doesn't stretch at all. But your foot will still gradually settle into the cork of the footbed, so they'll probably feel a little bit looser after some time.
Thanks! I think some felt tongue pads will do the trick.

itzafugasi

Reaction score
Snuff McGregor for me today!

P12OFIT

Reaction score
I need to buy some replacement laces for my dark brown burnished Fifth Aves. Can someone tell me what I need? I just want to make sure I get the correct type, color, length, etc. Thanks in advance.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads