• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichieP

Reaction score

I got my Jingle Bell Mocs from ShoeBank today - they look pretty darn good and fit great!

Looking forward to the holidays!

Now here's a guy who doesn't procrastinate! ;)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!  I think some felt tongue pads will do the trick.   

It looks like your whole foot could use a little extra volume, not just the instep. Try a thin insole or sockliner. That's what I use for my dundees!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Well, with my luck they wouldn't offer them again, and the 'bank had a good pair. And my wife loves Christmas...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a "P.S." to my recent post about split-toes, I thought I would share this double monk example from Bruno Magli. All in all, I think it works pretty well. Too bad they do not fit or I would totally rock them for a while. 10.5 M in case you need to know.

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I knew the Newberg was gonna bomb the minute they announced it. Terrible execution - the pics are not good at all, so making it online only couldn't possibly help. Then you release it far before summer, and discontinue it when summer hits? Makes no sense.

@mreams99 Lucca yes, rogue, no.

When I asked if this was a first, I was referring to the fact that you shared a picture of your shoes. I don't ever remember that from you, and then you shared two in a row. WHOA... pace yourself!

styleaudit91

Reaction score

As a "P.S." to my recent post about split-toes, I thought I would share this double monk example from Bruno Magli. All in all, I think it works pretty well. Too bad they do not fit or I would totally rock them for a while. 10.5 M in case you need to know.
LL
I'll get the quality of these. But I just have a natural instinctual crnge when I see these, as well as any split that goes up much further than an couple inches in the toes. I just can't help it, but not for me.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew the Newberg was gonna bomb the minute they announced it. Terrible execution - the pics are not good at all, so making it online only couldn't possibly help. Then you release it far before summer, and discontinue it when summer hits? Makes no sense.

@mreams99 Lucca yes, rogue, no.

The Newberg looks very much like something from the likes of Original Penguin. Just awful. These would be littering BCF's all over the country if BCF were still getting AEs.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Jingle Bell Mocs from ShoeBank today - they look pretty darn good and fit great!

Looking forward to the holidays!

I've always preferred the Santa Mok to the Jingle Bell, but I'm more of an Arbor Day guy.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my Leeds 2.0 today and wow, this Double Butyl sole takes a long time to gain traction. After 7 or 8 wears they are still quite slick. But these shoes are going to be awesome when I replace it with a single sole. I realize a lot of people on here like the double sole better, but it has its disadvantages.

New shoe arriving from ebay tomorrow. Found a nice long ago discontinued style and I'm trying a new size that might not work. I'll post a pic when it arrives, and if it's too narrow for me, I'm going to put up a classified on here. It's a really nice shoe I got very cheap.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but that's because it's always warm where I live.

I've come to realize that I much prefer single leather soles to double. When it comes time to recraft my Leeds, I'm going with the single.

I also got bashed yesterday by a few friends for posting this pic of my Park Aves with the light blue socks. Apparently that's a no no with fashion. I thought it looked fine, but many people have stated this is not proper. Still learning about socks and fashion..

Do I need to repost Nobel Prize winning physicist Richard Feynman playing the bongos again?

If you wander over to the Rock Your Socks thread, they'd say you aren't even trying. Check out this post: post #23341 then scroll on down the rest of the page.
smile.gif

Shiny

Reaction score

From my understanding, the correct answer is none. My flat footed feet do not allow for a bowing ankle free AE fit. I experience this in most brands, to varying degrees. Maybe you have this problem as well? If you try on various combinations of sizes and widths, you might find a size that allows for minimized ankle bowing, which is what i did. Still not ideal, but it's a fact of life until bespoke becomes an option.

Try the 333 last, grasshopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads