Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Thank you everyone who answered my sizing question. I feel confident that I can try a 7.5 E shoe (my usual is 8D).

2. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

No one yet, just starting to free up funds to make a move on it soon. Might have to be a MTO, probably through Gentlemens Footwear

Haha yeah the shell/utah is insane, would have been awesome to combine my love of galway and shell into one boot.

Walnut CC for the shaft, dainite soles and 82 last, just need to start with a classic for my first pair.

3. bathiel

bathiel Senior member

I've got a pair of the ones in your top photo. Really like them and their versatility. The only caution is that I've found them to be a little tight across the top of my foot (high instep), so the v-gap was initially a little bigger than I'd like. But it's narrowing as I break them in.

Bernie

4. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I see the Sturgis 2.0 on clearance at $167 - for 1st quality. Now I'm interested at less than half price - Fall isn't too far away.

Chris

5. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I own a pair of Hopkinsons and tried on a pair of Rogues, both on the 201, one a bal the other a derby. The Hopkinsons feel just a tad bit long and wide compared to the 65. The Rogues had wayyyy too much volume, plenty more than even the Hopkinson. I would try going down a width.

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I have several 65 lasted bals, the McAllister, Strand and Park Avenue. They all started with maybe just a tad bit more than a 1/2" at the top of the v-gap and now I'm almost contemplating changing to bar lacing as they are almost completely shut after break in.

7. M2511

M2511 Senior member

So you'd suggest staying with the same length 9 but down a width. I have warwicks from BB but I dont think those are a very good indicator of how laceups will feel. In fact I have those in 9.5d.

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

That's my experience. I have a low arch and a narrow foot (12 B), so I struggle to fill shoes up in general. The 5 last is perfect for me, while the 201 is essentially the 5 last shape, but for people with a higher instep.

Were you thinking a bal or a derby? As another person suggested, order a few different sizes and see what works best. If I was just going to order two, it would be my 5 last (which for me is my brannock) and a width smaller, but same length.

Last edited: May 5, 2016

9. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Also, for those of you who own the Wilbert, did it fit you in your usual size?

10. manowar

manowar Senior member

Nice find, oddly enough I kinda like the boot. Here is an even better price... http://www.6pm.com/product/8587559/color/580935

AE's return policy is better, but if you know your size then you are set.

11. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

I picked up the Sturgis when it was $50 higher (whoops). Love it to pieces. Great rainy-weather boot, and as such it's getting plenty of time in rotation right now here in MD/DC.

Anyone know if they'll offer even a store credit in the difference if i just bought 'em a couple weeks ago? Figure it can't hurt to ask right? ;)

12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

You could also check your credit card policy on price protection.

13. CptStern

CptStern Member

Most of my shoes are a 10.5D, some 10.5E Most, including the Wilbert fit great in D, a couple lasts are a little tight but definitely not the Wilbert. None of my shoes are on the popular 5 last as I can't find a size to fit.

I would order your normal size.

14. nbj08

nbj08 Senior member

I have a moderately high instep, and the 201 fits me perfectly. In the 65, I have to go up a half size in length to get the right fit. For me, a half size in width is too wide in a 65.

My Bartletts (201) are 10.5D (my brannock).
    My McAllisters (65) in 10.5D are painful on my instep.
    My PAs and Strands (65) are 11D.

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Some great snaps today. Here's my contribution, Rutledges in brown:

Pants raised so u can admire my polka dot sox.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.