1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I dropped in to the new AE store in Walnut Creek, CA yesterday. Nice place and the place was hopping with customers. Me? I bought a box of colored laces.

1 person likes this.
  2. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

Are the those exclusive to certain nordstroms? Because I've never seen them at a Nordstrom in California nor are they on their website

3. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I've seen them in the Nordstrom site. I believe that they're listed separately from the other Strands.
    I've heard that an AE sales associate can also place an order for you.

4. HealthActuary

HealthActuary Senior member

I'm super happy! The coat of polish isn't thick. It's hard to describe, but I did use the AE polish applicator.

5. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but two of my AE polish applicators were moldy when I went to polish my shoes. It's been disgustingly hot and humid the past few days, and I washed it off, but has anyone else had any experience with this or have suggestions for preventing it? I'm not wild at the idea of polishing my shoes with moldy sponges. Should I just use a cloth to apply? Do I need to throw the polish away?

6. Echoes14

Echoes14 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Delta One to LHR, then off to Rome in my Bentons!

1 person likes this.
  7. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Thanks for clearing this up. I was quite baffled as to why they chose to get rid of it, but now I can see, the new Carlyle's do have the smaller piping.

[​IMG]

As for my Carlyle's, the V has closed enough to where I'm satisfied. Unfortunate for me, I did not know that the conditioner/cleaner would alter the perfect color it had before. It's still a little lighter than my right shoe, which makes me think I'll need to add some black polish in with the bourbon.

Also, FYI, there's a pair of 9D Lasalle's in bourbon on ebay. If it was 8.5, I would already have bought it. Sad to see a discontinued Lasalle in bourbon just slightly too big for me.

8. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Count me in as curious in regards to the 1776. I might need to snag that one.

9. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

I don't use the applicator sponges. I unscrew the entire top from the A-E polish that comes in tubes, and squeeze small amounts of the polish onto a rag and use the rag to apply the polish to the shoes.

3 people like this.
  10. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

It's supposed to be close to 90 today so figured I'd break these out for the first time this season. I don't see these on here often, if ever. Brooks 7. Love the lace tips. [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

For the Father's Day sale which shoe(s) are on your radar in merlot?

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  12. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

2 of these are AEs. Care to guess which ones?
    [​IMG]

13. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Is it cheating if I already know? ;)

3 people like this.
  14. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I really wish AE would put some kind of disclaimer on the conditioner/cleaner that it will remove some of the burnishing, which every non-black AE shoe seems to have these days. With the amount of people who post about this on SF alone, I can't imagine how many people make this mistake. AE offered to fix my bourbon PAs for free, so I can't imagine what kind of coin they are spending to fix these issues.

15. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Hahaha shhhhh. Old timers not allowed.

1 person likes this.
  16. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Has anyone seen the 1776? Or know of a time when it will be released?

17. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

It's hard to tell with the way the shadow falls on the blue suede tassel loafer, but those two look like Graysons to me.

18. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

The brown Tassel for sure! Navy as well?

19. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Damn, that's a nice shoe. Just found a another pic by him that shows the Dark Chili next to Oxblood.

[​IMG]

Well, I've ordered the Oxblood to take advantage of the sale. $275 for firsts quality couldn't be passed up.

I'm in toronto, no Nordstrom here for another few months. When in the U.S. next week I'll make sure to go in store/to Nordstrom and have a look at the Dark Chili in person and decide from there.

20. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Those Strands are sexy AF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.