1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Ah, so this is why the dark chili Lasalle suddenly appeared. I prefer regular chili over dark, but I like that they are releasing variations of colors. Love my chili Lasalles.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Shell Strand Sunday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  3. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Gentlemen,

Does anyone have pictures of the 1st Ave boots in walnut grain that they could share?

Thanks!

4. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Like my list, huh[​IMG]
    If you do wind up getting the 1st ave, let me know how they go. Based on the fit of the Sauk, I don't think I could handle any looser, so the speedhooks sort of turned me off...but maybe they don't affect things as much as I thought.

5. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Two words...beautiful shoe

1 person likes this.
  6. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Mother's Day McTavishes...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

I think you both must be speaking of Meltonian cream. 'Melatonin' can help you sleep, but is probably unhelpful for shoes, lol. J

8. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Hope everyone called their mom that are fortunate to be able to. If not, simply remembering fond memories is a great way to celebrate her. McTavishes in the sun. These are quickly becoming one of my favorite pairs. Great for jeans and casual wear. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

So... let's talk about recrafting. I bought a pair of OLD shell Leeds on the 8 last. Probably at least 25 years old. This is what they looked like on the eBay listing:

[​IMG]

I got them and decided to clean them up a bit. I used renovateur, and the polish just kept coming off. They were CAKED. I broke out the Renomat. After almost a whole bottle, they looked like this:

[​IMG]

About this time I admitted defeat and dropped them off with a cobbler for a full strip. When I got them back, I sent them to recrafting for a sole and welt change to natural, along with refinishing. They came back pretty cloudy, but a little bit of renvoateur and a lot of brushing got them to this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am SO thrilled with how these turned out. As an added bonus, the 8 last fits me better than the 1 last ever did. I also have a pair on the one last, pretty standard. Old pic, on the right.

[​IMG]

The 1-last Leeds are much lighter than the 8-last Leeds, almost ruby vs. black cherry. All this makes me want to repeat the experiment. Too but 12 EEE shells are few and far between.

6 people like this.
  10. bradybot

bradybot Active Member

A couple of years ago, I sent my Bradley's back for recrafting (3rd time over 20 years). I was surprised when they came back with double oak leather soles. I really like the look, so I kept them that way.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Thanks! I'm really digging the color variation in the sun. And lucky for me, my wife was too!

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Hiding during church.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Those look perfect, but do you go to Church in a bowling alley?

14. aero25

aero25 Senior member

You guys know anything about the old Bristol oxford shoe (not loafer). Were they calf? Corrected grain? I'm probably searching for info all wrong.

15. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Nope. Our church has a basketball court for the kids and I was hiding.

1 person likes this.
  16. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

The floor probably doubles as a gymnasium. I remember playing indoor soccer in many a church back in the day.

Now I'm wishing Allen Edmonds went with a design a bit closer to some of the classic indoor soccer shoes models for the Cheetah and Brisbane.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

What an awesome story - they come out terrific!!

18. J o s h

J o s h Senior member

My Park Aves in oxblood shell. Love these shoes.

EDIT: apparently I don't know how to embed a photo on this site. Or how to delete a post. Fun SF start for me.

19. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

[​IMG]

Finally took the plunge to try my hand at a real mirror shine on my PAs. They were conditioned and polished with AR polish last week and unworn since so all I did was start laying down thin layers of Kiwi Natural with drops of water. Did this on and off for a couple hours while watching tv,they turned out great! Hard to tell on such a dark color but they are looking just the right amount of shine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Those look great! You have to get a feel for how the polish changes texture before needing another drop of water. Did you buff or brush them after?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.