1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

I hear ya! I realized yesterday that I had worn shell Dundees every day of the week so far. Each day a different color.

Chukkas, the damn things are like Pokemon, gotta catch'em all!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. Swiper

Swiper Well-Known Member

That is a go-ahead for sure!

In my closet...one pair of shoe bags look just like the others

3. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Shell Westchester in the sliver of morning light that comes into my office.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Quick question. Is it possible to exchange a defective pair of Allen Edmonds firsts at any Allen Edmonds retail store even if you bought the shoes at a department store that doesn't except them back?

5. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Possible, but unlikely. I tried this with a defective pair I bought on Amazon. Amazon eventually took them back.

The store you bought them from should have to take them back if they are defective.

I just became aware of the secret seconds sale going on now. I soooo want to buy the Lasalle at $179, but my wife would kill me since I've already bought 4 pairs of AE shoes in the last 8 months. :D Maybe I can buy and have them shipped to work and keep them at work.

6. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

There are blue Strandmoks too and I like the look of those as well. I like these blue Neumoks alot.

7. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Leidens today.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

I love the look of the Westchester. I have a pair in black and would love to have a shell pair or walnut pair.

9. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Senior member

Now that's what I call great customer service. Happy things worked out for you.

10. Autolycus25

Autolycus25 New Member

Been lurking for a little while, and am just starting my AE collection. Fortunately, I work somewhere with business casual to casual dress code, except for when we have to go to onsite visits, which then requires suits or at least sport coats. That's only a week or two out of every couple months, so not often. I've always gotten by with Rockport or similar but decided to get a pair of black PAs to hopefully last a lifetime and look better than the shoes I was wearing. Now I'm getting some strandmok suedes for my birthday (thanks to my wife!) and I ordered some 5th Avenues to take advantage of the sale. I can't do leather soles--I can't deal with the sliding because of clutziness--and ended up with Dark Chili Dainite. Now here's the question:

They look heavily tiger striped to me. I understand the burnished colors can have some of this, but it seems pretty exaggerated on both of these. These are not 2nds, although with the sale are cheaper! Should I just keep or should I call and get replacements? They don't look bad, just not as clean as it seems should be expected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

Personally I'd keep them, but I love character like that. I can only imagine that with time they're going to look unbelievable. If you'd rather have a completely solid single color then exchange 'em. Or if they're a 9.5B, maybe drop me a PM. ;)

12. shades9323

shades9323 Well-Known Member

I concur! On everything except the 9.5B part!

1 person likes this.
  13. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm torn with the burnishing. Sometimes it is why I stay away because of these choices once you get them. I just recently got a pair in bourbon and the striping was similar to yours and I thought they looked awesome. Sadly the burnishing came off with their leather conditioner/cleaner on one of my shoes so they are refinishing them for free. I hope they retain the character they had. I'm inclined to agree with the posters above me and say keep them. When I first saw the pictures I thought to myself those are a nice pair and thought to order them. Enjoy them!

14. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wore my MTO (rubber soles and heels and Poiron insoles) bourbon Park Avenues today.........

[​IMG]

.......the right shoe has started to come untied, which is why there is a V gap on that shoe.

I tied it right after I took this picture.

3 people like this.
  15. Autolycus25

Autolycus25 New Member

9EEE, sorry! :)

Since the striping is a) on just the vamp and b) on both shoes pretty evenly, I'm leaning toward keeping. It's definitely not what the color looks like on their product photos, but I knew the real world shoes don't look like the product photos often--thanks to this forum! It's a warm brown color, for sure. I had assumed they'd be a little more red, but they're a really good color. I had hoped they would work with navy, gray, and earth tones for suits or slacks and sport coat. They might not work with gray, but they will definitely work with everything else. And the black PAs will be my normal shoes with gray suits. Or maybe I'll have to get a pair of oxblood strands... The enabling is strong in this forum.

Side question while I have the floor: I try not to wear the same shoes 2 days in a row, but a different pair every day isn't really an option for Mon-Fri business travel. Is 2 pairs of shoes, wearing one pair MWF and the other TuTh enough rest, considering they'll have trees and will be given plenty of time to dry out for potentially weeks after a trip?

16. mosy

mosy Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

^^^This is what I do. I typically pack one and wear one in transit. Always treed and bagged. If you're used to airport security (as I imagine you are), laces shouldn't slow you down when going through. It's all about the little preparations to get all the stuff off and in the machine.

And if you're like me - there's a shoe horn in your personal item for post-security.

18. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

19. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Two!? All packed for my business trip.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  20. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

They look amazing in the sun. Still need to try Bick or VSC to take care of a couple dry spots.

It's largely a matter of personal taste, but dark chili totally goes with grey, even charcoal. Maybe not the originally chili, but I think unless you're in a wedding or job interview you will be just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.