• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shakers get another tour of duty for the evening assignment.

barto78

Reaction score
FYI for those interested in Ralph Lauren singletons. RL.com currently has 30% off. ends tonight

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wiping down my shoe family and realized I now have a lot of shoes. In my head, I won't buy anymore but we all know that's not true. Not all of these are AE but here's my humble collection so far. *sigh* I should have got a sleeker Chelsea boot...

barto78

Reaction score

Was wiping down my shoe family and realized I now have a lot of shoes. In my head, I won't buy anymore but we all know that's not true. Not all of these are AE but here's my humble collection so far. *sigh* I should have got a sleeker Chelsea boot...
what color Daltons are those?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's the only AE loafer made on the 222 last. Also they are made completely in Pirt Washington as opposed to being clicked and stitched in the DR like most AEs. You also get a different sole. But the premium is likely due to the name. For their part, RL doesn't admit that they're made by AE.

It is also rumored the Sanderson is on the 222. I have both It is odd that while they seem as narrow as the 65, they are both tolerant of my high instep. It's my best fitting loafer. The Sanderson (I have the dark brown) with its flat welt and relative sleekness (as far as LWB's go) could stand in as a suit shoe if someone had a limited rotation. Two darn good shoes if the fit works for somebody.

gatszu

Reaction score

Such an amazing collection. And wouldn't come close to fitting me. I wonder if my wife wants some baller shell...

Thanks. I was at 14 SMU's and now down to 8 pairs. Well, just let me know. They are listed in B&S.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Does anyone have some photos of the Natural Oak Street in regular light? I know I would love these, as they are CXL, Dainite, 65, and on sale for $225, but I'm concerned about how light they are and if they would be redundant with a Golden CXL Rush Street. Even so, this might be too much of a deal to miss.

barto78

Reaction score
Oxblood. Highly recommend that shade too

I've got my eye on Oxblood too, but i saw where shoebank has the Burgundy Cordovan Dalton's in stock for only a couple hundred more. Tough decision to make, especially when i won't likely be wearing boots for another 5 or 6 months

barto78

Reaction score
It is also rumored the Sanderson is on the 222. I have both It is odd that while they seem as narrow as the 65, they are both tolerant of my high instep. It's my best fitting loafer. The Sanderson (I have the dark brown) with its flat welt and relative sleekness (as far as LWB's go) could stand in as a suit shoe if someone had a limited rotation. Two darn good shoes if the fit works for somebody.

FYI, Ralph Lauren just extended their Friends and Family 30% off discount another 2 days. You can grab the Ralph Lauren Singleton for around $330 with free 2 day shipping if you use Shop Runner.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got my eye on Oxblood too, but i saw where shoebank has the Burgundy Cordovan Dalton's in stock for only a couple hundred more.  Tough decision to make, especially when i won't likely be wearing boots for another 5 or 6 months
Shell Dalton's because.......shell.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Switched up the angle for this one. Basically had to pop my shoulder out of place for the watch. Yes I really do have t rex arms. Maiden voyage for my chocolate suede Cavanaughs. Tongue pads installed, still some heel slip but I'm not giving up on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads