• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadianguy

Reaction score

That is great news.   Hopefully i will have the same luck.  Just curious...did they give you a shipping notification or did the shoes magically appear 5 weeks earlier than quoted.?

They sent me an email when the shoes were shipped. Don't despair my friend, your day will come.

piyi

Reaction score

Great looking shoes - and good luck on the interview.

Chris

Thank you, I think it went well. Now just have to wait and see. I do not see a lot of PAs on this thread. They're not as interesting as some of AEs offerings, but I do enjoy them.

TLHouston

Reaction score
I already have a pair of RL Marlow Wingtips and black Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. I rarely wear dress shoes but I'd like to have a good assortment because I want these to be heirloom pieces. And I have a son on the way and I want to look good on those special occasions.

I have a $650 coupon for Allen Edmonds and I wanted to ask for help here. Which shoe and which color should I buy?

Even though the Ralph Lauren Marlow Wingtips are super expensive, I have a feeling they are not meant to be wear on formal occasions.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Ranch! Sorry for the extremely late reply!

I too, have the RL Marlow in brown shell, and also a black cap-toe Alden in black shell. I don't wear the RL's with suits because the double sole and the reverse welt just makes them look too clunky to me. That's the reason for the shell strand- I do wear them with suits, but only for daytime. I trust you'll spend your coupon wisely.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on the Eagle Country (Tan)? Like or dislike? I see a pair in my size on the bank everyday. $177 seems like a pretty good deal for boots although I seem to remember hearing about the sole coming off.

I'm a big fan of them and never had a problem with the sole. I'm probably in the minority (at least on SF) in that I wasn't a fan of the regular leather sole makeups of the EC last year, but I very much like the look of it with the white vibram sole.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize this is the AE thread and these are not AE, but whatever.

I've been on a loafer kick recently. Got a pair of OSB natural CXL beefrolls for the warmer weather recently, and then realized I need to fill the void of a darker brown loafer after I sold my brown RL Singletons (didn't seem to fit correctly).

Enter ebay. Yesterday these pop up, Rancourt shell loafers. Made an offer on a whim to the seller, and as of an hour or so ago I am now the owner of these, apparently. Can't wait to see them in person!

(What have I done?)

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been on a loafer kick recently. Got a pair of OSB natural CXL beefrolls for the warmer weather recently, and then realized I need to fill the void of a darker brown loafer after I sold my brown RL Singletons (didn't seem to fit correctly).

Enter ebay. Yesterday these pop up, Rancourt (by Alden) shell loafers. Made an offer on a whim to the seller, and as of an hour or so ago I am now the owner of these, apparently. Can't wait to see them in person!

(What have I done?)

Congrats, I am a weak man and have the 8.5D on the way haha.

I already have both the brown and natural CXL OSB loafers so I guess I am now going to be selling the brown pair.

Last edited:

barto78

Reaction score

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Enter ebay. Yesterday these pop up, Rancourt (by Alden) shell loafers. Made an offer on a whim to the seller, and as of an hour or so ago I am now the owner of these, apparently. Can't wait to see them in person!

(What have I done?)
Cool! Make sure to post a review.

Also, there is a Rancourt thread here somewhere.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know a ballpark timeframe for getting a refund from the Shoebank? Returned a pair and they were delivered back to Port Washington on 3/11, but no credit to my account yet. The last time I had a refund, I swear I had the money back in under a week.

NorseHorse

Reaction score

Great minds think alike! One more First Ave for Walnut Wednesday. Glad we all got the memo. Mine need a polish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads