• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden for Orvis

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peeking at Orvis and the new things for Fall, I saw two (at least two!) fancy feet-wears that may interest this crowd.

First, the Alden Aviator Boot.
9P4HL8XB_lg.jpg

Second, the ambiguously "imported" Gentleman's Chukka.
9G4TFH_lg.jpg

All I'm saying is, keep a keen eye out if you're near an Orvis outlet next season.

Goodnight.

cs1

Reaction score
Those bring a new level of bling to casual wear. The aviator boot is nice.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think for my next Alden pickups I'm going to avoid the Trubalance last and neoprene soles, but those Aviator boots do look nice.

I've got plenty of work boots as it is right now, so I am going to be looking into getting more dress shoes for the next while.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did anyone even confirm those were on the TruBalance last? I know there was some talk of it over on sufu, but those look a tad more sleek in the toe area than my Indy boots.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Red Wing Ranger.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Did anyone even confirm those were on the TruBalance last? I know there was some talk of it over on sufu, but those look a tad more sleek in the toe area than my Indy boots.

Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Good point.
The description clearly says "narrow toe".
I suspect they are on a different last.

I held my Alden Indy Boots up next to my monitor at roughly the same angle and it looks like the TruBalance last to me. I'm no Alden expert, though.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orvis Customer Service
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are completely sold out of that item in our warehouse as well as our retail stores and we do not have expectations at this time of selling them again. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

frown.gif

Brutus

Reaction score
I've heard that the only shoe Alden will make on the TruBalance last is the Indy boot. The Barrie last is supposed to be the same thing. I think I read that on SuFu. I don't really agree with this because I have one of each and they fit entirely different (more extra toe height, etc in the Barrie) but they do appear very similar from the outside.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On another note, what leather is used on those Alden's? It looks a bit more matte than their Kuda stuff, but maybe it's just their picture.
Originally Posted by Brutus
I've heard that the only shoe Alden will make on the TruBalance last is the Indy boot. The Barrie last is supposed to be the same thing. I think I read that on SuFu. I don't really agree with this because I have one of each and they fit entirely different (more extra toe height, etc in the Barrie) but they do appear very similar from the outside.
That's crap. They know their denim but not their shoes. The TruBalance and Barrie lasts are very different orthotic wise, and they still make lots of other shoes on the TruBalance last.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
On another note, what leather is used on those Alden's? It looks a bit more matte than their Kuda stuff, but maybe it's just their picture.

Oiled nubuck. I have Ultimate Indys coming in that same leather..."the Vintage Ultimate Indy."
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads