• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airplane Underseat Carry on Bag

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
_DSC1872.jpg
I've been thinking about getting an overnight carry-on bag for a while. I started out thinking about a leather Gladstone bag and decided it was just too much bling. The Monocle x Porter looks a little to bland to my eye, though it looks very functional. Currently I'm fixated on the Filson small duffle, and have been ever since I saw the Jeans Shop washed version that jqbomb posted here, from which I stole the picture above. 18" x10" x 11". I'm still debating about waiting for another Jeans Shop re-issue or thrashing it by hand (detergent and a wire brush was J's suggestion) or just using it for a decade.

jcc123

Reaction score
Try a tote. Many makers at many prices points. Take your pick.

gilwood

Reaction score
Well, based upon my research on the underseat of planes, which can be very variable. I've decided to buy a separate gym bag and just use a small messenger bag for travelling (which I already have).

On an off note, I measured the locker at my bally's gym and it was 11" x 17" x 34" on the inside. For a completely easy fit, the opening is 9" wide (because of the door jambs) x 17" deep.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
For what it is worth, I have this:
http://www.glaserdesigns.com/Assets/...6WFlaptop.html
I love it, but it doesn't work to carry a day or two worth of clothes as well as a laptop and papers.

Glaser has an awesome small suitcase that would fit perfectly and has modular compartments in it to fit suits and shirts and shoes

it's a smaller version of this

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads