• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airplane Etiquette

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats up with all you people saying that you dont want cell phones because the plane is somewhere you go to be isolated?? youre not paying to go on some special trip to reflect on your life. if you want to do that go into the woods when youre at home. thats pretty selfish thinking.
and how do you recline rudely? pull your chair back and then scream "**** you!" ?
next time i recline ill make hand signals so the person behind me knows its going to happen. i will type out a instruction manual. going down will be hand up straight with a slight tilt to the right. i will then give them 10 second to prepair before i begin my journey. going up will be a straight hand with a slight tilt to the left, where i will then give 10 seconds before i pull up.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
I recline my seat. I don't ask. If you can't fly when the guy in front of you reclines his seat, perhaps you should be flying first class.

Your comment about kicking makes me wonder if you are the guy on the Denver to LaGuardia flight two months ago that kept kicking my seat and that I subsequently (by accident, of course) spilled my drink on. If so, I hope you were able to get the tomato juice stains out of that white shirt you were wearing.

LOL

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
whats up with all you people saying that you dont want cell phones because the plane is somewhere you go to be isolated??

The issue for me is that many people can't seem to talk softly. I've heard more about people's business than I care to know.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The issue for me is that many people can't seem to talk softly. I've heard more about people's business than I care to know.

Earplugs are your friend.

c3cubed

Reaction score
Passengers that take their shoes off and stick their feet up in the air on the bulkheads - is rather obnoxious.

A loquacious seat mate that you have never met before and is equally uninteresting is a terrible bore too.

On a recent trip from Paris, a passenger behind me was giving the attendant a hard time, because she was allergic to shrimp and was freaking out if they served it in the appetisers, because she was afraid she'd have to wear a mask for the rest of the flight. I asked her how often she flew first class, because shrimp is quite common, and she said she's never seen it served. "What airline did she regularly fly?" Her reply was "Continental". Oh, well that explains it.

While food allergies should be taken seriously, I've never seen someone make such a scene - and yes - she wore a mask for the rest of the flight, just for drama. I'm allergic to crustacean myself and found her histrionics beyond reproach.

If the woman was an experienced flyer, with such a condition - she should have made inquiries before her flight.

The new Emirates accommodations are fantastic. I just returned from Dubai and the "sleeper cabins" are wonderful. The shower/bathrooms are nice too.
Your own little cocoon and containment from the masses - and no issues with obstinate or talkative passengers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads