• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ahoy Shoe Snobs !! ID these BB loafers

lowbudgetsnob

Reaction score
Just got these from Ebay at $42. Inside writing says "12 D 53837W
0102 "
"Brooks Brothers Made in USA " on the heel of insert. Brown 3/4 length inserts

Inside shoes smell like tobacco .Leather is supple, but firm. Finish is waxy - low gloss.

Penny strap has a tiny indent midway on the top. Actual color is dark burgandy, almost a dark dark purplish brown.

thanks for your help

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure whatever Ron says is correct. It doesn't look like he has anything but bags up right now, but if you're true to your name lowbudgetsnob then you will definitely want to bookmark his "Steals and Deals" page: http://www.riderbootshop.com/categories/Steals-&-Deals/
I've bought several pairs of shoes made for Paul Stuart and a handbag for my wife from him and all have been fantastic!
Fred

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm sure whatever Ron says is correct. It doesn't look like he has anything but bags up right now, but if you're true to your name lowbudgetsnob then you will definitely want to bookmark his "Steals and Deals" page: http://www.riderbootshop.com/categories/Steals-&-Deals/
I've bought several pairs of shoes made for Paul Stuart and a handbag for my wife from him and all have been fantastic!
Fred

What happened to all the shoes?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What happened to all the shoes?

We bought them all. :devil:

Ron still has lots of shoes, just no more "Steals and Deals" for the Grenson for PS, etc.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:Quote:

I see.  You did not intend to stay on topic and only wanted to post that link about  LOL low budget leather goods

WTF, Ron Rider of Rider Boot Co answered your damn question. KObalto just pointed that out to you. I posted the link to Ron's site as a courtesy to both him and you since your screen name is "lowbudgetsnob." I guess he doesn't have any shoes up there now, but as others will attest he usually has lots of shoes made for Paul Stuart by companies such as Grenson, etc. I and many others on the forum have gotten some really ridiculous deals from him, $600 shoes for $60 etc. Here's a 703 post thread on some of those "low budget leather goods" you're referring to.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/255994/psa-grenson-masterpiece-and-gravati-blowout/0_100
Please feel free to ignore the link and enjoy your Sebagos.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads