• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ahoy Shoe Snobs !! ID these BB loafers

lowbudgetsnob

Reaction score
Just got these from Ebay at $42. Inside writing says "12 D 53837W
0102 "
"Brooks Brothers Made in USA " on the heel of insert. Brown 3/4 length inserts

Inside shoes smell like tobacco .Leather is supple, but firm. Finish is waxy - low gloss.

Penny strap has a tiny indent midway on the top. Actual color is dark burgandy, almost a dark dark purplish brown.

thanks for your help

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure whatever Ron says is correct. It doesn't look like he has anything but bags up right now, but if you're true to your name lowbudgetsnob then you will definitely want to bookmark his "Steals and Deals" page: http://www.riderbootshop.com/categories/Steals-&-Deals/
I've bought several pairs of shoes made for Paul Stuart and a handbag for my wife from him and all have been fantastic!
Fred

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm sure whatever Ron says is correct. It doesn't look like he has anything but bags up right now, but if you're true to your name lowbudgetsnob then you will definitely want to bookmark his "Steals and Deals" page: http://www.riderbootshop.com/categories/Steals-&-Deals/
I've bought several pairs of shoes made for Paul Stuart and a handbag for my wife from him and all have been fantastic!
Fred

What happened to all the shoes?

lowbudgetsnob

Reaction score
Ron = Riderboots ? What do you think is the maker of my loafers ? You never gave an answer.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What happened to all the shoes?

We bought them all. :devil:

Ron still has lots of shoes, just no more "Steals and Deals" for the Grenson for PS, etc.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:Quote:

I see.  You did not intend to stay on topic and only wanted to post that link about  LOL low budget leather goods

WTF, Ron Rider of Rider Boot Co answered your damn question. KObalto just pointed that out to you. I posted the link to Ron's site as a courtesy to both him and you since your screen name is "lowbudgetsnob." I guess he doesn't have any shoes up there now, but as others will attest he usually has lots of shoes made for Paul Stuart by companies such as Grenson, etc. I and many others on the forum have gotten some really ridiculous deals from him, $600 shoes for $60 etc. Here's a 703 post thread on some of those "low budget leather goods" you're referring to.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/255994/psa-grenson-masterpiece-and-gravati-blowout/0_100
Please feel free to ignore the link and enjoy your Sebagos.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.