• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable Slim, Contemporary Suit for a Slim, Tall dude

lamid3

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum, I have done some research and I am a complete novice when it comes to men's fashion. I wanted to start with a good suit that I can wear on job interviews as well as around town for formal occasions or a night out at a lounge, club etc. Basically a good all purpose stylish slim suit. I am 6 feet, 34 Waist and 34 Leg/Inseam. Chest is 40. So pretty slim for my height, any suggestions? Thanks fellas!

I looked at this http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...t?ID=660841&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results but since it is not in stores its hard to tell from the pics how slim cut and contemporary this suit is.

Also looked at indochino, I like their suits but again dont know which would fix my build.

Last edited:

hyt123

Reaction score
One of the criticisms of Hilfiger suits that I recall reading about were the fairly built-up shoulders. This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you need the height or bulk, but it may be off-putting for people seeking a softer (more natural) shoulder. On the other hand, there's this:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...oryID=58083#fn=sp=1&spc=63&ruleId=5&slotId=19

Right now you get additional 25% off with promo code "FRIEND" until 4/30, free shipping too. Tax is a problem but for $269 shipped for a jacket and trousers I just ordered a set myself today just to see how it fits. If it sucks there's a Macy's not 5 minutes away where I can return it. If it's as good as its reviews say it is, then I've got a nice disposable suit for less than 3Cs.

Last edited:

bwp

Reaction score
Do a search on Suit Supply, you will find your answer there.

lamid3

Reaction score
omg, Suit Supply, thanks dude I found my answer, pure wool suits, slim modern cut under 500, perfect

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I suggest you get your inseam measured properly. I have doubts that you're six feet tall and have an inseam of 34 without a full set of rumples and ripples on the lower half of your strides.

duggyald

Reaction score
The Tommy suit looks really stylish in the picture I wonder if the quality is better.

hyt123

Reaction score
I can assure you that a mall-grade sub-$400 suit's strength isn't going to be quality. For one thing they're all going to be fused because the average mall-going, label-worshiping plebe isn't going to know any better. At least Suit Supply's stuff (most of it, anyway) is half-canvassed which should hold shape through a few more wears and dry-cleaning cycles than the Tommy or Bar III garbage linked above.

The only reason why I'm looking at one myself is that I actually need a disposable suit.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that buy from suit supply do you size down? 40's chests seem huge? It looks like I would be a 36-38?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads