1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Affordable Slim, Contemporary Suit for a Slim, Tall dude

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lamid3, Apr 26, 2012.

1. lamid3

lamid3 New Member

Hey guys, new to the forum, I have done some research and I am a complete novice when it comes to men's fashion. I wanted to start with a good suit that I can wear on job interviews as well as around town for formal occasions or a night out at a lounge, club etc. Basically a good all purpose stylish slim suit. I am 6 feet, 34 Waist and 34 Leg/Inseam. Chest is 40. So pretty slim for my height, any suggestions? Thanks fellas!

I looked at this http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...t?ID=660841&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results but since it is not in stores its hard to tell from the pics how slim cut and contemporary this suit is.

Also looked at indochino, I like their suits but again dont know which would fix my build.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I don't know if you're going to find anything stylish for that little money.

3. lamid3

lamid3 New Member

Ok affordable then lol

4. hyt123

hyt123 Senior member

One of the criticisms of Hilfiger suits that I recall reading about were the fairly built-up shoulders. This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you need the height or bulk, but it may be off-putting for people seeking a softer (more natural) shoulder. On the other hand, there's this:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...oryID=58083#fn=sp=1&spc=63&ruleId=5&slotId=19

Right now you get additional 25% off with promo code "FRIEND" until 4/30, free shipping too. Tax is a problem but for $269 shipped for a jacket and trousers I just ordered a set myself today just to see how it fits. If it sucks there's a Macy's not 5 minutes away where I can return it. If it's as good as its reviews say it is, then I've got a nice disposable suit for less than 3Cs.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  5. bwp

bwp Senior member

Do a search on Suit Supply, you will find your answer there.

6. lamid3

lamid3 New Member

omg, Suit Supply, thanks dude I found my answer, pure wool suits, slim modern cut under 500, perfect

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

I suggest you get your inseam measured properly. I have doubts that you're six feet tall and have an inseam of 34 without a full set of rumples and ripples on the lower half of your strides.

8. duggyald

duggyald Senior member

The Tommy suit looks really stylish in the picture I wonder if the quality is better.

9. hyt123

hyt123 Senior member

I can assure you that a mall-grade sub-$400 suit's strength isn't going to be quality. For one thing they're all going to be fused because the average mall-going, label-worshiping plebe isn't going to know any better. At least Suit Supply's stuff (most of it, anyway) is half-canvassed which should hold shape through a few more wears and dry-cleaning cycles than the Tommy or Bar III garbage linked above.

The only reason why I'm looking at one myself is that I actually need a disposable suit.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

+1 on suitsupply. But hurry, the spring collection is being sold very fast and choices are narrowing

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

For those that buy from suit supply do you size down? 40's chests seem huge? It looks like I would be a 36-38?