• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE no longer shipping shoe bags?

Valproate

Reaction score
I got a pair of Sutters from Shoebuy (30% off) one month ago and they were drop-shipped from AE with shoebags.

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by old64mb
Among other things, AE labels their seconds on the box. Of my 20 or so currently owned pairs of AEs, the 6 or 7 seconds all are clearly labeled as such (and whatever imperfections they have are generally not noticeable, which is why I've been so comfortable buying from outlet stores sight unseen.) They also don't generally sell seconds except through that channel, which is one reason why when you are searching for a 7 or 8 year old model your only choice will be a second, since the firsts have long been liquidated.

There's also the point that when AE drop shipped it, as far as they knew they were shipping to a Shoebuy customer who paid full MSRP for it. The discount was entirely transparent, including on the pick slip from the warehouse.

Finally, the other 3 pairs of shoes along with the 5 belts were all perfect. I don't really have that much of a problem with them goofing on one pair out of gosh, 35 or so I've ever owned - I'm sure JLibourel still has me beat cold - but if I wasn't a hardcore AE customer I'd wonder what the heck was going on when you combine the switch to plastic covers along with opening up a box of first qualities with some flaws.

The downside to Bing cashback is that while I'd normally just do an exchange, it gets tricky in terms of whether or not the cashback would be revoked if I did so. I'd rather not lose the pair of Wilberts entirely...they're rather comfy.

What label is used to distinguish seconds? I want to know what to look for when my pair of McAllisters arrive in the next day or two.

old64mb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincerich
What label is used to distinguish seconds? I want to know what to look for when my pair of McAllisters arrive in the next day or two.

It's very, very obvious...on the shoe model and size label on the box it says 'first quality price $x, second quality price $Y'.

Interesting that the switch to plastic bags (if it's happened for their entire line) seems to have happened quietly over the last month or so then. Please keep up the contributions!

factorial

Reaction score
Ordered two pairs of Allen Edmonds (Presidio and Westchester, the former from the Executive line and the latter from the Classic line, both 270 deg welted) from Shoebuy.com a couple of months ago. They were drop shipped from AE and both included the standard red felt shoe bags.

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by old64mb
It's very, very obvious...on the shoe model and size label on the box it says 'first quality price $x, second quality price $Y'.

Interesting that the switch to plastic bags (if it's happened for their entire line) seems to have happened quietly over the last month or so then. Please keep up the contributions!

Noted. I received my second quality McAllister shoes last night. Indeed, they have the label on the box. They also came with the cotton/flannel cloth.

old64mb

Reaction score
Well, good, glad they haven't changed that.

PSA - Bing cashback now back up to 35% on anything at Shoebuy.com, search for "dress shoes" on Bing shopping. Can be combined with 10% new email account discount for 45% off - not quite as good as the 50%, but if you've been holding out, not a bad discount. I'll probably ship my Wilberts back, reorder, and eat the $8 or so difference.

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by icepick
The seconds I ordered last week from the tent sale shipped without bags.

:/

I got mine from the tent sale too. They came with the cloth.

yleb33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Everybody is talking about the shoe bank, but the OP seems to have bought from the site shoebuy.com. Am I the only one that is upset they missed a half off sale?

yeah i had no idea either, forget about the dang bags
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads