• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Texan goes to the Redneck Riviera

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent my first two years in the Navy in he area. Love the whole area from Gulf Shores to Panama City.

The Gimp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Club LA VELA!!!!!!!!!!

K

Party with Thousands!
bounce2.gif

The Gimp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
That area of the Gulf Coast is beautiful. I live in Tallahassee now, and all my local friends seem to be having their weddings on St. George Island. It's great. Enjoy it now before St. Joe's develops it all.

I personally LOVE Tally. Home of my Alma Mater, more culture than most other Florida cities, a few rolling hills, character. I could live there if an opportunity presented itself, until then I head over there every couple of weeks for business (from Jax).

Back in the day Ken's was my 'spot'. You have no idea how much money I spent there at $1.50 a pop (16 ounce draft in my 'Ken's Mug'). Glory days. . .

Now days we hit Finnegan's Wake and the Po' Boys downtown.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Gimp
I personally LOVE Tally. Home of my Alma Mater, more culture than most other Florida cities, a few rolling hills, character. I could live there if an opportunity presented itself, until then I head over there every couple of weeks for business (from Jax).

Back in the day Ken's was my 'spot'. You have no idea how much money I spent there at $1.50 a pop (16 ounce draft in my 'Ken's Mug'). Glory days. . .

Now days we hit Finnegan's Wake and the Po' Boys downtown.

I love Tally, too. I actually took a 40% pay cut to move back here from St. Pete. I'm a big hiking/kayaking guy and there's tons of stuff to do around here. Plus, I get to attend one of the cheapest graduate schools in the country, be surrounded by boatloads of hot women, and I live in a great neighborhood - the top of the next hill over from the Capitol, I usually walk five blocks to work, and downtown Po' Boys is four blocks from my house. I usually go there, Birds, Finnegan's, or Chez.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Headed back down to the beach for a week. Whoo Hoo! See you bitches later!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brogue
I love the canopy roads surrounding Tallahassee; hopefully the developers won't get them. The St. Joe paper company is selling off the last vestige of the great southern pine forest.

Good to see a fellow Tallahassean on here!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to see the area coming back.

My friend tried some development there in 2004 and was going gangbusters till Katrina hit.

That stopped development in it's tracks and he went bankrupt.

But, It's a beautiful, pretty much relatively undiscovered area, and I think eventually it will be fine.

I assume you drove from Dallas. From Houston, it's a straight shot on I-10, but it's a boring drive.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Good to see the area coming back.

My friend tried some development there in 2004 and was going gangbusters till Katrina hit.

That stopped development in it's tracks and he went bankrupt.

But, It's a beautiful, pretty much relatively undiscovered area, and I think eventually it will be fine.

I assume you drove from Dallas. From Houston, it's a straight shot on I-10, but it's a boring drive.

I'm actually leaving later this afternoon. In the past we've always driven to Shreveport, then headed south through Baton Rouge and then north of the lake into Mississippi, then along the coast.

This time I'm going to go through Vicksburg and spend the night in Jackson. We'll get up in the morning and go through Hattiesburg down to Mobile and across. A little shorter, but not as much interstate. Time should be about the same, but just a bit of different scenery. Depending on how it goes, I'll decide which way to come home.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I LOVE PANAMA CITY CITY BEACH.

Just gonna throw that out there. I had some of my best memories there on spring break. OOhhh lawd!
bounce2.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well...back from a great week on the beach. Lots of relaxing. Got through "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy (finally!!). Planned to take several other books, but somehow the stack got put away the day we left and in my final rush packing I left them at home.

Took the kids fishing one day, but got nearly shut out (2 small snapper and a small squirrel fish, plus several too small to keep). Not even enough for dinner.

We were there with my sister and brother-in-law and their 8 kids (5 are adopted and 2 are foster kids). My b-i-l is a former scuba instructor, so he took the teenagers scuba diving three days. My 14 year-old went down 70 feet one day with him.

I cook once a year (on vacation). Lots of fish: Broiled three pepper snapper with a mango salsa one night; Broiled grouper in an orange butter sauce another. One night I made a flank steak with balsamic onion relish. Not up to the standards of many on this board, but everyone liked it (I think) and it was fun. With 10 kids running around the house, dinner was a zoo. Not as relaxing as I would have liked, but it was what it was.

Took the kids to see three movies: Land of the Lost, Terminator and UP. All pretty mediocre if you ask me.

On the way home we decided to do an impromptu night in New Orleans. Got some fairly cheap rooms in the Quarter (Marriott...it was last minute so I was glad to get anything). Walked around the Quarter yesterday afternoon, then went back to the hotel for drinks and to rest before dinner. Went over to Royal Street and popped into a few of the shops. Got into K-Paul's without a reservation (the kids didn't have clothes with them for anything more upscale). Food was great.

K-Paul's Protip: Take a pass on the Cajun Martini. The waiter told me he had a 100% hit rate on it. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his record had been spoiled. Maybe he figured it out since I left 80% of it on the table.

Kids wanted Cafe du Monde beignets for breakfast this morning, so we dropped by there after checking out of the hotel, then took a drive through the Garden District.

Anyway...back home and back to work tomorrow.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want a beach house to be my permanent address.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I want a beach house to be my permanent address.

Saw a lot for sale. All it takes is money.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Well...back from a great week on the beach.

Sorry to hear that..
tounge.gif

Sounds like you had a great week though.. We used to do that part of Florida as a long weekend trip from Georgia, and always had fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads